Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

got my shift kit. got ????'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:56 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got my shift kit. got ????'s

ok i got the transgo hd2 shift kit. it don't come with servo's does it because i ordered the vette servo's and longer pin and i its in my shift kit box in a spot that looks like that where the it belongs or did they just put it in with the kit for ease of shipping? and i thought this was suppose to come with some video or something? all i got was 5 pages stappled together with steps on it. do i unbolt the plate thing and take it out to do all the work or do i leave it in there it looks like i take it out? thanks. oh and it says something about circle part number on the servo and circle it on another page well the servo in my box doesn't match any of them.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The HD 2 kit doesn't come with the vid. Only the base/cheaper kit has it.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
12 Second Truck Club

it says 4l60e-hd2-c kit it was $80 -$90. it has all kinds of junk in it alot of springs some for high reving. and some pins and spacer and drill bits and bunch of other junk i have ??'s about.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Read the instructions 4 or 5 times and if you still have any questions, which I'm sure you will, report back. It's easier to see what exactly is going on in the instructions with everything torn apart in front of you. If you pull the pan off you'll see what I mean. It's not that bad.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

do i take the seperator plate off thats the thing with that looks like an ant farm right. it doesn't say take it off but it looks like you need to.

and how many quarts of what kind of fluid remimber i'm swaping the tc also its the yank tt3000 which just happen to show up woot.

and it came with this little box full of springs i guess to help it rev high is it a good idea to put it in i may go to about 6500 or so give or take a few 100 rpm. and is there anything i need not install it said somewhere about full manual shift when i bought it but i didn't see it in the instructions i don't want to HAVE to shift it myself just only if i want to. make since?

sorry for all the questions but the only tranny i've seen inside of was the one that i blew out of my honda and it was manual just a bunch of gears and i never put it back together just tore it apart to see how it worked

Last edited by 4.8T; 02-24-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

This job is much easier to do with the transmission out so if you are taking it out to do the TC then I would put the kit in then. The separator plate comes out when you take the valve body out which you have to do to install the kit and drill the holes. The separator plate has steel ***** between it and the transmission so careful you don't lose any because they come out with the plate and can roll away on you if you tilt the plate. The transgo kit with the video is about $110 so you saved some $$$$ but did not get the instructions for newbies. You got the kit for professionals and they assume you know a little about what you are doing. Take your time and it will go fine. The bag of springs go in a clutch housing I think and you will need to dismantle the transmission to put them in. It may not be worth doing if you are not sure how to do it. I did my install lying on my back with the transmission in the car and getting the valve body and sparator plate back in with the ***** loose on top was a b..ch. My tranny is a 4l80E so it is a little different than yours but it is the first tranny work I have ever done.

Good Luck with the install.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

My kit was supposed to be here today...I just tracked it and fuggin' FedEx still hasn't left Oregon with it

I was considering installin it this weekend...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah fed ex sucks the shift kit was suppose to be hear monday but just got hear but yet everything with ups got hear on time lol. thanks mort for the help i got my gm books so that will help i think. it shows the complete break down of everything. man i'm glad i bought these books. i think i'll be ok i hope some one is on hear tommorrow lol. oh one question though on the reverse it says grind the manual valve for faster reverse release 1/16 to 3/32 so what deos it mean by that. and as far as drilling do i just drill it all to .93 but the 1-2 shift hole and do it .082 short or .093 for full race & hi stall conv. because i have a 3000 stall ??
Old 02-25-2006, 08:19 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO leave the manual valve alone and stick to .83 on the 2nd feed hole. Also use only one washer in the 1-2 acc housing. If you do this it will work nice!

Last edited by FLT; 02-25-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:05 AM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah that part seemed a little weird i mean how fast does reverse need to disengage mine does it pretty fast.

Quick Reply: got my shift kit. got ????'s