Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Got my truck back today....and...(tranny)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:01 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
Why would he give the $$$$ back?

I paid for a working tranny, I guess he can either give my money back cause he can't build one or keep trying. Eventually it would be cheaper to give it back rather than keep rebuilding one on his own dime. Cut his losses, if that makes sense. Plus, if he's a decent guy, he would understand that I can't keep letting him have my truck for a week and a half, me having it back for a day or two, him having it back for a week and a half, me for a day or two....etc etc.....
Old 01-25-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
First find a tranny guy that would swap output shafts for an hours labor or less even though it would take him about 25 min.He would have to tear your old one down to get the 2x4 shaft out,costs there.If your going to sell yours you might find a low mile 2x4 4L60e closer to you for less.http://car-part.com/
The 65e AWD is in WA.They normally have a few
Didn't even think about his truck being 4wd. Thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

There is several 2x4 60e with decent miles for $500-$560 range,sometimes you can get them to kick to core charge or they make the core charge under $100
Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...QQcmdZViewItem

Email this guy,make jim an offer,something more reasonable than what he is wishing for.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry man, but if this guy doesn't give you:

A. A running truck with a tranny that lasts more than a week
B. Your money back
C. An running and working 80E

then take him to the Better Business Bureau.

You went in there with a tranny that didn't work. You paid thousands of dollars, not including your time w/o the vehicle, and you still have a tranny that doesn't work. Give him an ultimatem, but don't be rude about it. I'd tell him in a roundabout way to fix it or get somebody that can. Can he give you a rental or a loaner to drive around in the meantime? Your truck should be top priority around that shop at this point.

Three times a charm. I'm wishing for you that it works so we can build your LQ9
Old 01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what a bunch of b s! you just want something done right and this is what you get, i have a louisville slugger you can borrow!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel for you dude. Hot rodding trucks can be a PITA sometimes. I'm down also. I've even given in a bought a beater to get around when the truck lets me down.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
First find a tranny guy that would swap output shafts for an hours labor or less even though it would take him about 25 min.He would have to tear your old one down to get the 2x4 shaft out,costs there.If your going to sell yours you might find a low mile 2x4 4L60e closer to you for less.http://car-part.com/
The 65e AWD is in WA.They normally have a few
Swaping out the transfercase input shaft is very easy, I started a few write-ups but I did not take enough pictures of the inside of the transfer case, but like I said, very easy, if you can pull a eng or swap a trans, you can swap a input shaft.

If anyone has some pics or is going to need to swap out the gear soon maybe we can work together on a write-up for the swap. Since a lot of people here is going to be looking into doing a 80e swap sometime.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 PM
High on diesel fumes

Well I took the truck down to Hughes Performance today to get their opinion on what is going on. I lost the 2-4 band while I was there. Back to the shop!

I asked my guy what's going on, he said he doesn't know but he's not going to leave anything unchecked this time. He agreed to refund my credit card until I have a working truck. I also told him that if he doesn't get it this time I am going to go somewhere else, he said he understood. I feel a lot better knowing all of this...I should have a fat refund on the way tomorrow. Once it's working correctly I'll continue to have him do the fluid changes and flushes until the warranty is up, then he won't be touching my truck again. I know he'll get it right, but I don't have the patience to give him three tries again. Anyway, he knows this is his last chance or he will be giving my money back and he will own the busted tranny that will be sitting on his doorstep.

Last edited by thunder550; 01-25-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:29 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Three times a charm. I'm wishing for you that it works so we can build your LQ9

Quick Reply: Got my truck back today....and...(tranny)