Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Harsh 1-2 shift under light throttle after Transgo & Servo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Return the 1-2 accum back to stock. I promise, you'll still get the firmness from the vette servo and TM programming, but you won't be losing teeth.

Andrew
Old 08-01-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by agreif
Return the 1-2 accum back to stock. I promise, you'll still get the firmness from the vette servo and TM programming, but you won't be losing teeth.

Andrew

NakedAV helped me install my shift kit into my Suburban. I didn't use any washers, I was pretty adamant to not use any as I wanted to keep my tranny for a little longer

I hope that NakedAV and ODBC follwed suit and only changed the piston from plastic version to a metal replacement and not a thing more.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont think that returning the 1-2 acc back to stock is needed. Just get a new sep plate for $20 and reduce the 1-2 feed hole size.

Also, returning the servo back to stock seems like a bad idea. The additional apply area of the vette servo is necessary in our applications.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

just something I've noticed since removing all my Tq mgmt. Everything seems to be working like its supposed to be. what I mean is, my shifts prior to this mod was not the same every time(repeatable), sometimes it was hard, sometimes it was smooth, and under the same conditions. Now it does exactly the same thing every shift, every time.
Like Eye-P said, my shifting got harder as time went on after the shift kit, however, it was never so bad I worried about it and when I would reload a tune for whatever reason, the shift would soften again for a period of time, usually a week or slightly less. Now, since I removed all the tq mgmt, it shifts fast and firm at WOT and progressively less as my TP is lessend. Much more predictable or repeatable. Now, after driving my truck for approx 2 weeks with no Tq mgmt I think I can say all is well. I have experienced no learned shifting, or harsh shifting at any TP. Lastly, I have never heard anyone say this, however, I believe one or more of the parameters I disabled actually worked in a manner so that it caused increasing firmer shifts and/or the harshness. I have no data to back that statement up as that is purely my opinion.

So, if someone wanted to try, I might recommend for those that have a shift kit and are unhappy, try removing all tq mgmt, and without beating on your tranny, drive it around for a few days and see if your results are the same.

other than that, good luck folks!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

The cause of the problem here is 4l60 specific, with the servos being the culprit.

To compensate for the greater apply area, a smaller 1-2 feed hole is necessary.

All of the tuning tricks are fixing symptoms, not problems.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Eye-P
The cause of the problem here is 4l60 specific, with the servos being the culprit.

To compensate for the greater apply area, a smaller 1-2 feed hole is necessary.

All of the tuning tricks are fixing symptoms, not problems.
ok, no harm done then.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
ok, no harm done then.
There you go.

Man how I wish it was the 80e. That would make this whole mess so much simpler.

OT- Where you been Grippy?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Eye-P
There you go.

Man how I wish it was the 80e. That would make this whole mess so much simpler.

OT- Where you been Grippy?
ahh, right here. btw, I was waving to you yesterday from the TL as you rode by, also saw you run the right handed red light turn headed North on RSF

stop by if you want, I'm headed out to change the oil/filter
Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
ahh, right here. btw, I was waving to you yesterday from the TL as you rode by, also saw you run the right handed red light turn headed North on RSF

stop by if you want, I'm headed out to change the oil/filter
I would never!

I always obey all traffic laws. At all times. Really.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 AM
10 Second Truck Club

I think its Transgo that sells a vacume mod kit. I had one installed in my current trans and it took care of the hard 1-2 shift. Chuck (FLT) puts them in his trannys. I have a 4l65 level 5 coming from chuck very soon and then a new power adder

Quick Reply: Harsh 1-2 shift under light throttle after Transgo & Servo install