Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Help with a custom rear suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Help with a custom rear suspension setup

Tomorrow my buddy who does suspensions and I are going to design a rear 4 link coil over suspension setup at about 4 inches lower than stock. anyone have any tips or part recommendations for us before we dig into it? Any failed attempts that we can be sure not to do or anything of that matter?

Also if anyone already did all the math and is willing to share that would be alot of help. I'm trying to design my truck to corner as good as possible since I hate It as it is now and it would still need to be able to support about 600 LBS maybe 800 LBS in the bed from time to time.

Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks
-Matt
Old 06-20-2009, 08:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that 2toneblown (I think that's his screen name, may have mis-spelled it) had a custom rear suspension setup similar to what you're referring to, but I can't totally remember. Haven't seen him posting around here much anymore though.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I believe that 2toneblown (I think that's his screen name, may have mis-spelled it) had a custom rear suspension setup similar to what you're referring to, but I can't totally remember. Haven't seen him posting around here much anymore though.
haven't seen his yet, but I found about 3 build threads I have been reading. My friend calculates the Center of gravity and weight and stuff of cars, but he has never done a truck soo its gonna be a bit more fork for him. Ill put up plans and the build once I get started to get opinions on his design.