Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Help with HD2 shift kit and transmission beefing questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with HD2 shift kit and transmission beefing questions

OK, so I finally got my TrailBlazer back together after about 5 days of not being able to drive it around. Got the Transgo HD-2 shift kit and the 1-2 accumulator put in and my trans cooler too. Also flushed the entire system (converter too) with Amsoil ATF.

My questions are:
1. Where does the forward accumulator go in the 4L60E? I know I should have asked before I put the tranny back together, so I will wait 10K and then pull the pan and install it (or maybe just pump the fluid into a clean container and refill the trans after with it because that synthetic is EXPENSIVE sh@t.)

I did everything in the shift kit except I havent gotten the servos put in yet and I didnt put in any spacers in the 1-2 accumulator because I am putting in a Corvette 1-2 (and a billet OD servo) soon.

2. What is the best way to remove a stubborn exhaust cat pipe right after the manifold? I couldnt get it off, and therefore couldnt get to the servo cover to pop the servos out and replace them. I am trying to find a buddy with an air compressor so I can get the bolts off with an air ratchet. I have tried spraying brake cleaner onto them and letting it sit for a while with no avail.

3. Since I knew I was going to put the corvette servo in, I put the white spring in the valve body. But, with this spring in and without the servo, the 1-2 shift really is not that snappy. I really hope this changes with the new servo.

Thanks everyone for helping out a noob to my tranny!!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's it shifting now, still the same?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

try some stuff called burlite... I havent found an exhaust bolt yet that it cant get out... that stuff is the $#!+
Old 04-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TBSS
How's it shifting now, still the same?
Well, the 1-2 shift is definately quicker, however once I get the vette servo in I am pretty sure it will be much snappier. Still lags a little now.

On the hwy, it keeps popping in and out of OD like the TC isnt locking up right. Feels really weird, like it keeps slipping or something. I really hope the servos fix that.

Still havent figured out where that forward accumulator goes. Anyone?

And, thanks for the burlite tip. Will check it out!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
try some stuff called burlite... I havent found an exhaust bolt yet that it cant get out... that stuff is the $#!+

where do you get it?
Old 05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
Well, the 1-2 shift is definately quicker, however once I get the vette servo in I am pretty sure it will be much snappier. Still lags a little now.

On the hwy, it keeps popping in and out of OD like the TC isnt locking up right. Feels really weird, like it keeps slipping or something. I really hope the servos fix that.

Still havent figured out where that forward accumulator goes. Anyone?

And, thanks for the burlite tip. Will check it out!
Did you ever figure out why it was popping in and out of OD?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby 04
where do you get it?
I dont know. It comes in a tall white bottle with a little spout on the top. My brother showed it to me while I was doing my header install and I'll never use anything else. Its seriously a helluva lot better than any WD-40 or PB blaster I've ever used. I even tried Seafoam "deep creep" and it didnt do it. He works in a refinery and I think he got it out there from a job they were on.