Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids
View Poll Results: What's the Best TC
Yank
41.94%
PI (Vigilante)
29.03%
Fuddle
29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Choose a Converter Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Personly Would Not Use None Of The One Listed But I Like Fuddle
Old 06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was Mad as hell at Fuddle for the late delivery but now that its in and runnin great got some miles on it I can say that its the perfect converter for me not real loose and flashes to about 2600 and runs at about 160-165 degrees after a lil hot rodding it warms up to 175-180 tops with the stock trans cooler between the Radix heat exchanger and radiator it realy is exactly what I asked John to build me it takes a lil longer till ya get the fuddle converter and is alot cheaper PI are 900$ I got my Fuddle when they were 500$ for the Hp series so Fuddle gets my vote.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by litreddevil
I Personly Would Not Use None Of The One Listed But I Like Fuddle
Then what would you choose?

Jim
Old 06-25-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Then what would you choose?

Jim
B&M!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I was thinking about the 2400 10.5" Vigilante multi-disc 3 plate converter.
Will this TC work for towing applications?
Just didn't know how well PI converters stand up to the abuse of blown applications.
The TB stall works for some, but if you recall or do a search about the TB converter, there was several well known boosted application members here that frown upon the TB stall. It wasn't just one member that atated they had problems with it, it was several.
That's why I chose not use it in the pole or as one of my choices.
No offense to TB users, but it's just not my preference.

Jim

Yeah, I remember Blownchevy having some difficulty. I searched a little and didn't find much else with problems. I agree the little converter isn't designed for the levels of torque in question. But, I am still curious exactly how many have used this converter in that level of performance, with or without difficulty.

Jim, point me to the other members with problems so I can search out the threads. I will pass on the one TB vert I have, but I want to read more.

I watch these sorts of threads cause I plan on a radix down the road, and would rather do it once, the right way.

thanks,

Nate
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I remember reading about the TB issues with the guys that post a lot in the Forced Induction threads. That was the probably the only place I read about several members complaining about them.

I too want to search this again or post up about it.

Jim
Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I remember reading about the TB issues with the guys that post a lot in the Forced Induction threads. That was the probably the only place I read about several members complaining about them.

I too want to search this again or post up about it.

Jim

Yeah, cool. I'll search there (FI) some and see what I can find. TB and any other pearls re: the other brands too.

I reread Blownchevy's thread, I think he switched to a yank. However I don't know if he found anything in particular that failed in the TB or took it to the track.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Smile

NEED MORE VOTES PLEASE!

Jim
Old 06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool

Still looking for a few more votes to break the tough obvious choices.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-01-2006, 07:52 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

I was thinking about the 2400 10.5" Vigilante multi-disc 3 plate converter.
Will this TC work for towing applications?
Just didn't know how well PI converters stand up to the abuse of blown applications.
The TB stall works for some, but if you recall or do a search about the TB converter, there was several well known boosted application members here that frown upon the TB stall. It wasn't just one member that atated they had problems with it, it was several.
That's why I chose not use it in the pole or as one of my choices.
No offense to TB users, but it's just not my preference.

Jim
Precision Industries has a test bench that is powered by a twin turbocharged big block Chev that they use to test their TC's.
It can make over 1100hp. A 5 disk Vigilante can lock with over 1000 hp flowing through it.

I was very impressed with the info package PE sent me for free when I requested it.

I have an S-10 V6 TC behind my Vortec 350. It foot stalls to 2500-2600 rpm. It has the same internals as the Corvette TC does. I got it for free and it is a very nice mod.

My shift extension dropped by over 400 rpm and the truck just puills through the shifts instead of hesitating due to the engine being pulled out of its powerband at the shifts.

My S-10 TC works under the same premise as the TB TC the GEN 3 engined crowd uses. A TC that stalls at 1500 rpm behind a V6 will stall at a higher rpm behind an engine that makes more torque like a V8.

peace
Hog

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose a Converter Please