Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

How does a flip kit ride?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only complaint I have on my 4/6 with a rear flip from DJM is if I put to much weight in the bed my tires will rub, had to roll the fender lips as well for tire clearance but I am running of the shelf 20's, better backspacing with a better wheel would eliminate that. As for the ride a bit firmer than stock but I like it that way so I'm happy with it.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LowBlack99
Only complaint I have on my 4/6 with a rear flip from DJM is if I put to much weight in the bed my tires will rub, had to roll the fender lips as well for tire clearance but I am running of the shelf 20's, better backspacing with a better wheel would eliminate that. As for the ride a bit firmer than stock but I like it that way so I'm happy with it.
A 1" lift shackle would fix that if you wanted to.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i think the belltech flip kit looks like it is much stonger than the other brands, and i think thats the reason its probably more expensive as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTOsRamairSilverado
personally i think the belltech flip kit looks like it is much stonger than the other brands, and i think thats the reason its probably more expensive as well.
any c-notch is going to be stronger than the 1500 frame as it is so why do you need a stronger notch? Have you ever even heard of someone breaking a bolt in notch(that was installed correctly)?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GTOsRamairSilverado
It's also the only one with a backplate. I went with the McGaughy's because it's almost as beefy as the BellTech and it's about half the price. ALot of people run the DJM notch and have no problems and it's alot smaller than the others.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a full DJM kit and am very pleased. The only problem I have is with my front shocks. I am going to swap out to stockers tomorrow in the front and see if that helps.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I have a full DJM kit and am very pleased. The only problem I have is with my front shocks. I am going to swap out to stockers tomorrow in the front and see if that helps.
It'll probably be worse. LCA's need different shocks, especially 4" lca's.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
It'll probably be worse. LCA's need different shocks, especially 4" lca's.
just curious, but do you even have a lowering kit? Do you even know how LCA's work? LCA's don't change ANY part of the coil spring's travel. They're designed to use stock shocks.

I'm all about people having opinions but don't give somebody the wrong advice man.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RandomHero
just curious, but do you even have a lowering kit? Do you even know how LCA's work? LCA's don't change ANY part of the coil spring's travel. They're designed to use stock shocks.

I'm all about people having opinions but don't give somebody the wrong advice man.
No, could you please explain since you know everything?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
No, could you please explain since you know everything?
Gladly. The spring perches aren't altered at all so the coils still have the same amount of compression and travel. What is altered is the control arm mounts. They're angled depending on the amount of drop you're looking to achieve. So essentially the height of the lower ball joint is altered 4". The spring isn't changed at all.

Quick Reply: How does a flip kit ride?