Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

How does a flip kit ride?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
No, could you please explain since you know everything?
Hahahaha,
Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Gladly. The spring perches aren't altered at all so the coils still have the same amount of compression and travel. What is altered is the control arm mounts. They're angled depending on the amount of drop you're looking to achieve. So essentially the height of the lower ball joint is altered 4". The spring isn't changed at all.
exactly.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't **** me off if you were just voicing an opinion, but think about how bad things could potentially be if you gave somebody the wrong advice on this site. That pisses me off that someone might take that advice and potentially screw up their truck. Now shocks aren't that extreme, but still.....
Old 08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It wouldn't **** me off if you were just voicing an opinion, but think about how bad things could potentially be if you gave somebody the wrong advice on this site. That pisses me off that someone might take that advice and potentially screw up their truck. Now shocks aren't that extreme, but still.....
Listen, it was the end of a long night for me and I was thinking 2" lcas and 2" coils. I apologize, what you said was correct, but you're the one starting with the attitude. I've probably been lowering trucks longer than you've been driving. I've had 3 different kits on just my current truck. I'll be happy to post some pics of my lowered truck if you'll show me some pics your bagged truck in you sig.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
Listen, it was the end of a long night for me and I was thinking 2" lcas and 2" coils. I apologize, what you said was correct, but you're the one starting with the attitude. I've probably been lowering trucks longer than you've been driving. I've had 3 different kits on just my current truck. I'll be happy to post some pics of my lowered truck if you'll show me some pics your bagged truck in you sig.
Mine's not bagged, and unfortunately I know about all different kinds of lowering kits. I'm on my 5th one.

EDIT-Fair enough, but I'm sure you would be upset if someone gave you wrong advice and it changed your truck for the worse.No?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine's not bagged, and unfortunately I know about all different kinds of lowering kits. I'm on my 5th one.

EDIT-Fair enough, but I'm sure you would be upset if someone gave you wrong advice and it changed your truck for the worse.No?
That's what these forums are for, to get more than one opinion when some dumbass gives incorrect advice.

Tomorrow will be my 5th change to the front of my truck.