Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Hydroboost Conversion Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Can I ask why this is such a big deal for people to convert? I mean I have no issues with stopping my truck at all. Pedal feels fine IMO( recently did new slotted/dimpled rotors), but so has the other GM trucks I have driven with the norm brakes on them. I am sure that stainless lines would make it even better. Not sure what I am missing, but is converter that much better? Sorry for digging at such a long thread, I have never really paid mind to the post or the fact of ever wanting to do this..
Brake function decreases greatly if you have a cam that makes very little vacuum. Hydroboost is not bothered.
The following users liked this post:
54inches (01-09-2023)
Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Baltimore Whore

I am well aware of that but if your not running some huge donkey dick came with a 109lsa its not much of a issue. Again my exp in a few trucks was the brakes felt fine. I am running a cam that is on a 112lsa and never had a issue, infact it holds very good vacuum.. I dunno, seems more trouble then it's worth.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I am well aware of that but if your not running some huge donkey dick came with a 109lsa its not much of a issue. Again my exp in a few trucks was the brakes felt fine. I am running a cam that is on a 112lsa and never had a issue, infact it holds very good vacuum.. I dunno, seems more trouble then it's worth.
I really want to do the conversion on my Avalanche. The stock brake system on the 2002 Gen-One Avalanches absolutely sucks! I've got heavy-a$$ed chrome 20s on my truck and it's a chore to stop it sometimes. The brakes are not big enough to stop a 6000 lb truck like they should, not to mention the horribly soft pedal. I plan to make the conversion when I have to do a brake job.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my swaps complete, all i can say is wow, i went to stop the first time, trying what i was used to being "hard braking" and it went straight into an abs skid. huge improvement! oh and i was able to use the p/s lines from a tahoe with a steering gearbox on my rack without having to bend the lines, everything worked out perfect! hardest part was removing the bolt to swap too the hydroboost pedal. damn thing had red locktite on it
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now i have a weird problem, it seems like my brake pedal isn't coming all the way up, its happened a few times now, but i will be driving on the freeway, and i can feel some resistance like im riding the brake pedal, i can reach down and pull up on the pedal and it will come up very little, and the drag will be gone, any ideas?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 5speedsilverado
now i have a weird problem, it seems like my brake pedal isn't coming all the way up, its happened a few times now, but i will be driving on the freeway, and i can feel some resistance like im riding the brake pedal, i can reach down and pull up on the pedal and it will come up very little, and the drag will be gone, any ideas?
did you ever find the answer to this problem?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by denali01
did you ever find the answer to this problem?
where do you have your return line T"d at? I have read that if it's before the cooler it may cause ithe pedal to not fully return. I'm and not sure if there is any truth to that
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 PM

Default power steering

how would the install change, if the upgraded power steering pump was put in?
would you still need the clamps and T fitting?
and any tips on finding an upgraded brake pedal? junkyards are scarce where im from
Old 05-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

If using the upgraded pump then clamps and fittings are not needed, order a pedal new as they are only like 2x.00 bux
Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Only thing to make sure of is....the 'straight through' section of the 'T' goes between your return line. The 'T' barb is where the hydro boost return goes on.
Good info!

Quick Reply: Hydroboost Conversion Install