Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

If you say Transmission.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I know.
I took the plugs out and heated them and was able to push them in easily. You can tell that the sealant **** that is on them is whats making it tough.
Still not recognizing P tho. Gonna go ahead and replace the plugs and take the PRND switch off in an attempt to clean the pins up in case. I think that gunk is on the pins.

When I first key on it has the little line under P. after about 8 seconds the line goes away like it isn't in park and won't try to start.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update bro?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I adjusted my shift points a little to be more precise and cleaned up the gunk out of the plugs with some WD-40 and tiny screw driver. It recognizes P and D right away but has to sit in R for a few seconds before the doors will lock and indicator lights up. It still don't recognize being in 321. (just the indicator, trans still does).
I'm going to make sure I didn't pinch anything and unhook the neutral switch again to make sure the pins are clean.

As far as shifting goes its fine when driving normal. If i get up toward 3/4 throttle or more is when it starts to slip doing 2-3 shift.
I'm taking it easy on it and avoiding going that far on the throttle until I can get some more money saved up and get the Neutral switch working properly.

It's not as bad as this video shows anymore but still doing it.