Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Info on lowering 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:17 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Excellent info Roger, that's good to know...what's the reasoning for this, are the twin tubes not durable enough, or is it a dampening issue? And which shocks are twins, the Belltechs? Thanks man!

This is the first bad report that I've heard about the Belltech Street Perf shocks...although it's also the first report that I've heard from anyone with any sort of mileage on them either Everything that I've heard or read previously had been positive, although they've all been reports that were pretty much right after the shocks had been installed
That's right, the Belltechs are twin-tube. None of their advertising states this. After replacing set after set(on somebody elses truck), I called their tech department to ask if they were twin-tube. The guy would not directly answer my question. I had to get a supervisor on the phone to get the answer. They are twin tube, and they do not offer a monotube design shock. It's a price-point thing for them, that's all, nothing more.

Twin tube shocks just won't last. I'll dig some comparison info up this weekend for you guys, and post it here.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
That's right, the Belltechs are twin-tube. None of their advertising states this. After replacing set after set(on somebody elses truck), I called their tech department to ask if they were twin-tube. The guy would not directly answer my question. I had to get a supervisor on the phone to get the answer. They are twin tube, and they do not offer a monotube design shock. It's a price-point thing for them, that's all, nothing more.

Twin tube shocks just won't last. I'll dig some comparison info up this weekend for you guys, and post it here.
Awesome Roger, thanks! Not that I can afford new shocks now, but when the time came, I was set on the Belltech SP's from the good news that I had read here about them. I really like my current Bilstein HD's, too bad they don't make a drop version of them. I've always had good luck with KYB's in the past...maybe when the time comes I'll see what they have to offer, or maybe cross-reference some 2wd Bilsteins or something