Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

installed converter, now lost 3rd and 4th

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was it's time to go. The converter didn't kill it. Your foot did lol sometimes thats all it takes for them to get hot once & their toast. Now your new converter is going to need a cleaning before the new transmission goes in..
Old 01-22-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Is the fluid full?
fluid is full, but acts like its not full if gear selector is in D. But I can get it to pull in 1st and 2nd. Also in D it will pull sometimes, if you be light on the pedal.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like Scooter said, your trans has passed over to the other side. Time for a new one.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

****, this sucks. we well have to see the truth after the fluid change. should have just left this pile the way it was.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

i hate be the killer of stall dreams but....it sounds like the pump on the trans took a **** on you, pull the lines off of the trans cooler and look at the flow.....
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by beingblueeyes
i hate be the killer of stall dreams but....it sounds like the pump on the trans took a **** on you, pull the lines off of the trans cooler and look at the flow.....
would that have made a noise? cause I heard a whinning for like 10 secs then it went away, but truck was not slipping at that point. Ill check that as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleeperlqx
****, this sucks. we well have to see the truth after the fluid change. should have just left this pile the way it was.
Wouldn't have made a difference. You have a cammed 6.0 pulling a heavy truck and you probably drive it the way everyone else here drives there toy. This was going to happen sooner or later.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by beingblueeyes
I agree. It's not just coincidence that the trans went out after the stall was put in.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sleeperlqx
would that have made a noise? cause I heard a whinning for like 10 secs then it went away, but truck was not slipping at that point. Ill check that as well.
im not sure of any noises it might have made but trust me look at the flow of it....and when you take the trans out and take it apart you'll find 3 or 4 or more vains in the pump grenaded them selves. lets us know about the flow (motor needs to be running)
Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Robert91RS
Wouldn't have made a difference. You have a cammed 6.0 pulling a heavy truck and you probably drive it the way everyone else here drives there toy. This was going to happen sooner or later.
Lol, my truck is not cam at all. And I was babying it cause its not tuned yet. Just saying, if anything under 3k rpm can kill the trans thats terrible. I kept rpms between 2-3 just to barely move the truck. I never steped into the thing at all, thats the weird part. Its been in the truck for 15 mins. And truck is running horrible after the headers, so I am not on the skinny pedal. Hadnt even felt what the stall could do is what im saying.

But trust me I see where you guys are coming from, but this is too damn stupid, 15 ******* mins of none abuse?

Quick Reply: installed converter, now lost 3rd and 4th