Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Installed vette servo tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had 0 tm on my stock tranny for quite some time on a turbo'd 4.8 no problems yet..
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what exactly is a vette servo?

Last edited by way2much_01; 07-14-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

A vette servo is about $20 and it makes your stock 4l60e truck trans shift alot faster and firmer. It is diffenetly worth the $20 and 45 minutes to install it
Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James B.
Before you do this, you have to realize that a stock 4L60-E is not strong enough to survive full powered shifts. It will fail prematurely. If the thought of your truck becoming undrivable and requiring hundreds of dollars of transmission work at some surprise point in the not-so-distance future makes you nervous, then leave the torque management alone and think about how important saving .3 seconds in the quarter mile really is to you.
Good advise James. It's nice to have those neck snapping shifts but unless you get it built, it's not worth the "surprise". Shift kits, servos, increasing line pressure and removing TM are not gonna give you the same result as a built unit and a decent converter will. Ask me how I know It's only a matter of when not if... and with the Predator you can adjust shift quickness without adjusting TM.

Now here's a quote from DiabloSport:

Torque Management
PLEASE NOTE: Disabling torque management will put greater stress on your drive line.

* TM Abuse Mode time limit= This is the time in abuse mode as a function of temperature. Turning it off in conjunction with Upshift Torque reduction and %Torque Reduction vs RPM will eliminate torque management. However we have noticed that the shift feel when disabling the upshift torque reduction in trucks and SUV's is reduced and therefore recommend leaving it ON for trucks and SUV's.
* %Torque Reduction vs RPM= Torque reduction as a function of RPM, turning it off in conjunction with TM abuse mode time limit and upshift torque reduction will eliminate torque management. However we have noticed that the shift feel when disabling the upshift torque reduction in trucks and SUV's is reduced and therefore recommend leaving it ON for trucks and SUV's.
* Upshift Torque reduction= Torque reduction control for each individual gear, turning it off in conjunction with TM abuse mode time limit and %Torque Reduction vs RPM will eliminate torque management. However we have noticed that the shift feel when disabling the upshift torque reduction in trucks and SUV's is reduced and therefore recommend leaving it ON for trucks and SUV's.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

ha! so that's what that is!

I was always wondering why the truck like takes a pause and then down shifts... I thought it was just part of the many many things wrong with my 60...