Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Isky 212 & Turboed ~ 6psi / What if I DONT put in a stall?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:48 PM
formerly 98wytebord (3-14-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even stock a tru cool is better but if you go with a stall I would do it
Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I think you've kinda changed from what your original post said. You WERE looking for

Originally Posted by seh6183
I'm looking for an awesome street truck that is DDable with mild manners.
But since then, it has moved to being a MPG truck.

As you know, a stock truck will get good mileage on the freeway and decent in town. If you cant keep your foot out of it, it will drop 8mpg in town.

The setup you originally posted with a stock converter will get good mileage on the freeway and decent in town, IF YOU DONT GET INTO BOOST.

With a 2500 converter, the same thing applies. It will move much easier with less throttle, but if you cant keep control of the foot, nothing matters and nothing will help mileage.

Overall, For an awesome street truck with good manners, good power and good mileage, a 2500 converter would be a nice choice.

However, for the price and what your looking for, and having a fast mustang to play with, I would skip it and enjoy the cash.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D
I need to add the 265mm to our website, sorry. It is a diameter I have for the bigger power guys looking for a tighter stall. Our 258mm choice can get a bit loose if the turbos come on quick for a DD truck. The 265mm can be made in single disk or multi, and as mentioned - 10.5" turbine diameter. Just another weapon in our ever growing arsenal....

Chris
Do you make them for the 6L80e? I'm going to be swapping one in my truck but haven't been able to find anyone who can make a multidisk that will actually stall to 2600. I tow heavy and use my truck at the deer lease, a 3K would get real annoying. Eventually I'll be throwing a turbo on it, I'm fine with it stalling higher with boost just during normal driving under half throttle I'd want it to be real tight.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Do you make them for the 6L80e? I'm going to be swapping one in my truck but haven't been able to find anyone who can make a multidisk that will actually stall to 2600. I tow heavy and use my truck at the deer lease, a 3K would get real annoying. Eventually I'll be throwing a turbo on it, I'm fine with it stalling higher with boost just during normal driving under half throttle I'd want it to be real tight.
Yes they do, he offered me one. You can email him directly for pricing and options.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
I think you've kinda changed from what your original post said. You WERE looking for

But since then, it has moved to being a MPG truck.

As you know, a stock truck will get good mileage on the freeway and decent in town. If you cant keep your foot out of it, it will drop 8mpg in town.

The setup you originally posted with a stock converter will get good mileage on the freeway and decent in town, IF YOU DONT GET INTO BOOST.

With a 2500 converter, the same thing applies. It will move much easier with less throttle, but if you cant keep control of the foot, nothing matters and nothing will help mileage.

Overall, For an awesome street truck with good manners, good power and good mileage, a 2500 converter would be a nice choice.

However, for the price and what your looking for, and having a fast mustang to play with, I would skip it and enjoy the cash.

Eh, I still think it will fit into that definition when all is said and done. I am not trying to make it pure MPG, I'm just very careful about which mods I choose and how I implement them as to not totally destroy mileage. There is a definite balance in there and I feel its even more exciting to ride that line than to make a million horsepower. As you said, it all comes down to the skinny pedal.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think once you get the turbo on youre going to be screwed mpg wise. Youre not going to be able to keep your foot out of it
Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I think once you get the turbo on youre going to be screwed mpg wise. Youre not going to be able to keep your foot out of it

Ill just put a restrictor plate on the carb LOL
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im running a Trucool 40k with a factory 80E torque converter.
Would do it all over again either way.

Might as well do one now.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Im running a Trucool 40k with a factory 80E torque converter.
Would do it all over again either way.

Might as well do one now.

Does the 80e already have a stock cooler on it?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cooler is on the truck infront of the radiator....
never seen a transmisison with a built in cooler

Quick Reply: Isky 212 & Turboed ~ 6psi / What if I DONT put in a stall?