Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Issue about Transgo HD2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:34 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue about Transgo HD2 kit

I started seeing a converter slip after I put in my built Trans with a 2600 stall converter. When I let off the throttle in forth gear the lockup disengages like it should but then when I re- engage the throttle I get a 200 rpm slip and that's being real easy on the throttle if I get a little harder on the throttle it slips more. I've replaced the speed sensor, TPS switch, gear selector sensor on side of Trans, and pwm solenoid. I replaced all this in my qeust to find a answer. So when I finally spoke to Transgo tech support (Glen) and he said the TCC slip I feel is completely normal and that's what the kit does. I found this strange so I want to ask if anyone else gets converter slip after lock up along with having the Transgo HD2 kit. Or is there something wrong with my valve body?
I have already used my snap on scan tool to manually engage and dis- engage the lock up to be sure it's not the converter and it works fine it locks up manually no problem. But keep in mind I've been told that when u lock up manually with the scan tool it is a simple on/ off function and it does NOT use the pwm settings.( I say this because I've been asked the ? Why does it lock up fine with the scan tool but differently with the truck PCM command)
So to make a long story short is this similar to anything anyone else has with the Transgo HD2 kit or I'm I looking else where?
Please any feedback would be appreciated this has been bugging me for two years..…
Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I installed the HD2 in my '00 4L60E with stock converter and Performance billet servos. No slip what so ever anywhere. I realize you've got a 2600 converter. Have you spoke with your the guy that built your converter? This might be something that can be tuned out by a reputable tuner using shift timing and adjusting lockup parameters. I'm getting ready to install a Circle D 278mm in my truck. Should stall around 25-2600 rpm. I guess I'll find out soon for myself, but I don't suspect there'll be any problems.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
MASS seller approved

Thanx velocity
I've spoken to Nelson's and they said I will be able to talk to the tuner Monday to see about setting up the lockup differently. I was also told by some one that normal pwm has the lock up come in slow so u don't feel it and that the Trans go has it come in fast it will give a flare or slip feeling instead of a slow engagement with stock pwm. Transgo tech said that the HD2 kits set the PWM to be at 70% from the beginning instead of stock starting at zero then bring the percentage up. So maybe what I feel as a 200 rpm jump is just the verter locking up fast instead of slow and starting at 0% Like with a factory valve body.
Hopefully someone with tuning knowledge will shed some light on this.
Also has anyone tried turning the lockup to a on off function and basically shutting the pwm off? How does it feel is it a harsh engagement? And how can it be done with out setting codes?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:50 PM
MASS seller approved

Any tuners have input?????