Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Lets Talk Ladder Bar Suspention

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 03:48 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by j's01silverado
Will that Panhard bar keep 1200 ft lbs of torque from shooting that rear end to the car next to you? That is the question I would ask.

I know KP components are top notch for air ride suspensions, just not sure about for high performance applications. Maybe if you build off of the kit to make it stronger it may work.

You may want to go to GMFullsize and ask some durability and strength realted questions in the suspension part of the forum. A lot of the people over there are riding on KP components in the rear of there trucks. I thought

I heard about some saying that there was side to side movement under hard acceleration. Not sure which kit it was though. Maybe there 6-link.
Yeah we are thinkin the same thing once we looked at it....we got some thinkin to do!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would vote for the Morrison set-up. Thst last set-up looks to be more for the bagged scene. As far as "Mail order" stuff, I'd go with either Morrison, or S&W Race Cars. They'd be the most likely to give you help in establishing a baseline set-up.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

They can custom build you stuff if you give them measurements. I would even go so far as to tell them all the info about the truck and your goals. Weight, power, tire size, gears, wheel base, track width, what front suspention etc. This way they could recommend or build you a setup that'll be specifically for you. They could then get you the proper IC, anti-squat/dive, spring rates, shocks etc.

Oh yeah, I say go with a 4-link too! Much better than ladder bars IMO.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
They can custom build you stuff if you give them measurements. I would even go so far as to tell them all the info about the truck and your goals. Weight, power, tire size, gears, wheel base, track width, what front suspention etc. This way they could recommend or build you a setup that'll be specifically for you. They could then get you the proper IC, anti-squat/dive, spring rates, shocks etc.

Oh yeah, I say go with a 4-link too! Much better than ladder bars IMO.

4 link is great, but it will require more "tuning" than I care to mess with.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

RJ Race Cars makes pro stock cars for the likes of Warren Johnson. You might ask them.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
4 link is great, but it will require more "tuning" than I care to mess with.
If you put the time in you will get what you need out of it, trust me. Try Competition Engineering 4-link with QA1 rod ends.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
blownerator

we will see, there are alot of options to go with....

There is always Narrow the frame and run caltracs too. I have seen some good 60s with that set up.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

check out S&W that wkdivr suggested. they have some pretty good chit there. check out this back-half for the 88-97 trucks - http://www.swracecars.com/pdf/CATpg15.PDF

i'm sure it wouldn't take them anytime to fab up a something for our trucks.

ladder bars would be less of a headache than a 4-link to setup.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Will this be a track only truck? That plays a big role in suspension choice. Just don't run ladders with leafs! And if you do get ladders get the adjustable kind at least. Oh yeah, replace your heim joints mid season if it'll see regular competition. We've all seen what happens when you don't

Caltracs can achieve impressive times, just look at their website, its unreal.
What front springs are you going to run? I haven't heard of any drag springs for our trucks, but while you're on the horn to all these suspension peeps, see if they can make a thinner wire spring with more turns. That's basically all I got when I bought my Moroso springs for my car. Cheap, effective and wheels up!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Blown- I have a brand new Comp Eng. Magnum 4 link kit and Chrome moly QA1 ends I will let go at a steal. I bought them for my 81 vette and never used them. I'm just too lazy to list them on ebay. PM me if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Lets Talk Ladder Bar Suspention