Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Looking for input on buying a certain used TT2600

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing, i can understand you wanting to defend this convertor even though your not selling it. Why???
Beause if you admit it's a bad convertor then you just admitted to the guy that bought it before you ripped him off.
Lets not forget that since you never got the truck tuned and it wouldn't stay locked that extra heat more than likely damaged the stall and the locking unlocking could have damaged the lock up clutch.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Launching!

you understand your going through all of this to save 100 bucks. buy a new one
Old 06-23-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case anyone didn't notice, I gave up on this TC a few days ago.

Originally Posted by Moddoo
But anyway, I will just buy a new one when I'm ready. It's not worth the risk.
Thanks for the input.

Have fun
Old 06-23-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
Another thing, i can understand you wanting to defend this convertor even though your not selling it. Why???
Beause if you admit it's a bad convertor then you just admitted to the guy that bought it before you ripped him off.
Lets not forget that since you never got the truck tuned and it wouldn't stay locked that extra heat more than likely damaged the stall and the locking unlocking could have damaged the lock up clutch.
first off, i said i didnt like the converter, i didnt say it was a "bad" converter. i just liked the stock one better, thats all. im trying to defend this converter because i saw that somebody was saying false **** aobut me and my truck, and also the guy i sold it to happens to be a nice guy. he now has a converter which is completely useless to him, and im trying to keep slanderous words from making him loose $375. you do realize this thread basically killed the chance of him selling the converter to anyone on here, for a bullshit reason right? ive said it before, and ill say it again-im here to contribute, not to rip people off. if he cant sell it becuse of this, i will buy that thing back from him, and for all i care throw it out. so dont go accusing anyone of lying or ripping people off when you dont know ANYTHING about me or what i have done or who i really am. i mean i even said id buy you a whole new converter if it was really broken, what else could i do for you? do you want me to pay your truck payments?(dont forget im not even the one selling it, if i was trying to rip somebody off how would i be benefiting here?)
Old 06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

oh and forgot to say that i didnt overheat it. the tranny never got above 190 degrees tho, i had a huge cooler and like i said repeatedly, i drove it pretty nicely. and i did have a tune, as a matter of fact i do custom dyno tunes myself..... again, none of you know me or anything about me. so id say this thread is done, and thanks again for helping stop the sale
Old 06-23-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

You're an idiot. If the converter doesn't even belong to you anymore then shut up. You have made it clear about 10 times that the converter isn't yours, yet why do you keep depending it? What's in it for you? I get the feeling there is something in it for you.

Oh and it's your fault that no body is going to buy the converter on here now. You chose to enter this thread even though you now have nothing to do with the transaction so the new seller can blame YOU for screwing up his sale. I'm sure Moodoo is thanking you for telling us so much about it. I don't think you even realize it but you come off shady as hell and if the converter really is fine, then you fucked up a sale by acting like an idiot.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kelleyperformance
.... again, none of you know me or anything about me.
NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK BUT...
Seems to me like the perfect reason to be skeptical wouldn't you agree? Not saying your a bad guy at all but why not get involved with us if your interest lies in helping? We don't know where you're from, etc... only that you came over from SSS. So if you want to be a part of something maybe you should get to know the team and also learn to take a little heat. If not, maybe you got the wrong board to play on.

Originally Posted by kelleyperformance
looks like I found a second home you guys inspired me to begin the T56 swap
Scout around and maybe update your avatar & sig.because this is the FIRST home for many of us. BTW nice truck.

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I don't think you even realize it but you come off shady as hell...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

everyone just chill out.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

who cares all i would say is if you don't want the stall then NEXT. simple as that.