Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Lowered my Yukon, but now I have a "Service Ride Control" light...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered my Yukon, but now I have a "Service Ride Control" light...

So I lowered my Yukon Denali with the Mcgaughy's 2/3 kit and all was well for a couple of days. Then I got the "service ride control" light.

It has the Auto Leveling air shocks in the back, so I assumed it was something with them causing the problem. So for test purposes, I unplugged the sensors, and air hoses from the rear shocks and then took it for a test drive around the neighborhood. The light went off and stayed off for several miles, but then came back on after a while. When the sensors and hoses were hooked up, the light would come on immediatley upon start up.

At this point I have no clue what is causing the porblem, so I took it to a shop down the road to see if there are any codes. And he said nothing was showing up on his scanner. I guess I can take it to the dealer to find out what is causing the light to come on, but I don't feel like spending an arm and a leg, just to find out whats going on.

If anybody has any ideas they would be appreciated...

Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the drop kit come with the extended rods for the autoride sensors? You should have had to pop the old rods off the ***** (I said ***** ) and install the ones that came with the kit. They compensate for the drop so the system doesn't think your shocks are screwed up. Just a thought. I had to do it on my Tahoe. Not sure if I was explaining it right so I went and got some pics. The blurry thing on the left is the rear pass. tire. Crawl under the pass side, rear tire, and look for the sensor. It is spring mounted. You should see the rod in the pics with the two ball joints and sockets. You should have had to swap those out.

Last edited by 1SlowHoe; 09-16-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, it didn't come with extended rods. The directions told me to bend the stock ones at almost a 90 degree angle to make the mounting points shorter. And I did that, but I still have a code.