Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

might have killed my performabuilt, any experts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might have killed my performabuilt, any experts?

ok, i was showing off and matted the avalanche from a stoplight on the highway. i went through 1st and hit 2nd and then it jerked then a BANG!. i instantly looked in the rear view to see if i was throwing parts or fluid and saw some parts flying out (no fluid), i looked at my gauges and it was reading battery not charging, the truck was still running fine, i assumed it was accessory related and it was. before i get to that issue, i kept on truckin to try to get it home, "almost" everything seemed straight. i drove about a mile and passed a few cars on the highway then i hit the exit to take me home, i went up the exit and stopped, when i went to take off, no dice, the truck would not move, so i called a friend that lives close by take me to gather my parts off the road and to pull me home. when i got to where parts started flying i found my new napa belt tensioner broke into pieces and my ac belt. we got the avalanche home and i put the oe tensioner on and fired it up so i could steer it into my garage, when i went through the gears to get to neutral i felt reverse grab, i thought cool im good to go, nope. i have reverse but no forward gears. i checked all the wires and hoses, it was getting dark but i didnt see any thing awry. when my oe trans messed up i had forward but no reverse, the trans in the truck now is a performabuilt lvl 2 pro race, with reverse and no forward gears. any suggestions?, oh ya, also, the trans has been 100% no issues at all its only 8-9 months old. the trans was running about 120 degrees, fluid level was perfect, about 1500 miles on filter/fluid, when things went bang i was running between +/-55-5800 rpm and now when its in gear i can hear a humming sound.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I spoke with you on phone earlier. My guess would be ya broke something in the input drum or front planet, Email me at performabuilt@yahoo.com for a warranty authorization and instuctions.
Frank