Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Mixing drop kits.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinRice
I pretty sure I know what your truck will look like with 18's and 4/6 drop.
Me too. Actually everytime I see yours it makes me want to lower mine more.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have heard this time and time again about the 4/6 issue, and HOW exactly to achieve it.

My goal, in wanting a Performance oriented truck, I went with Belltech 3" drop Coils... NOW TALK ABOUT SOME SERIOUS HANDLING!!.. in the rear, I went with the DJM flip and notch(so you can say that I mixed mine front to rear).

I would advise anyone who wants their truck to handle well and not have bumpsteer(or other drawbacks) to get these... IF you can handle a stiff ride.

NOW, I am getting over the stiff ride, but I can do much about it since I roll on rubber bands for tires.

I have considered going an inch lower and swapping out parts to get a better ride, and also Re-gain back the turning radius that I lost(even though it's not very much)

So how bad is the bumpsteer issue on the 4" drop LCA's??? and how close do they ride to a stock height truck? Can you get stiff shocks and have the ride be as stiff as you want with these arms? I have always thought that 4" LCA's is the best route to go for a 4" drop in the front, but I might be wrong....

And then there is 2" LCA's, which seem rather pointless since you can get spindles and retain stock suspension geometry and not get bumpsteer.

Then you can get 2" spindles... But do these mess up the steering radius or not??

all in all, if you get spindles, you are going to have to get drop coils or something else with them to achieve the 4" drop... and we know that coils will mess with the turning radius slightly and also will effect the ride...

I hope this wasn't too long and rambling, but does anyone see where I am getting at???
Old 12-26-2004, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

2/4 4/6..... Quit messing around go 5/7
Old 12-26-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scream
I just called McGaughy's...the guy I spoke with said that there is no advantage to running the spindle for the 17"-and-bigger wheels vs. the one that you can still use the stockers for. Their price was $299 for spindles, $109 for coils for a 4" drop up front. Hmmmm.

2/4 guys--DO IT!!! 4/6 DROPS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! MUHAHAHAHA!

There is no real advantage to either of the drop spindles once they are on, the advantage is the 17+ wheels one is easier to install and there is less work to it. If you have to go back to stock wheels then you can always pick up some cheap escalade 17's or something and everything would be good.