Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

More drop susp questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
smooth, PM me, i'd love this guys email because im lookin for a good drop with stock ride but much better handling and i'd like to improve body roll as well, does this guy have a kit for the ECSB too? thanks
you have a PM sir. Far as I know the kit is the same for RC and EC. The only recommendation I would make is to get the kit with the 2003t spindles although this will require 17"+ wheels. Best of luck and you won't be disappointed......awesome kit with great ride quality!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:37 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

good thing ive got 20's! i emailed both his addresses to be sure, hopefully this guy will respond in due time, do you know where he is located, like ebay motors store or whatever, how did he sell you them, pay pal? and did you install everything your self?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think he is in california. he was just a seller on ebay....dunno about an ebay store or anything. He is a cool guy. I am sure he will deal with you outside the realm of ebay. I payed him with paypal and he shipped it the next day. He even threw in a mcgaughys t-shirt for me

I installed it myself. It can be done in one day.....plan on a full day though! I have 20's also so clearance will not be an issue. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
good thing ive got 20's! i emailed both his addresses to be sure, hopefully this guy will respond in due time, do you know where he is located, like ebay motors store or whatever, how did he sell you them, pay pal? and did you install everything your self?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Smooth sierra...Could you pm me this guys email also?.........and was McGaughty's kit pretty much bolt on?....I bought some chassis tech spindles but when i attempted to install them....I found that you have to drill out the rivots for the old ball joints, install new ones..and also flip the upper a - arms....sacrificing ride quality, and turn radius.....thanks, bro
Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

you have a pm sir. The kit is bolt on with regard to the spindles and the shackles. The spindles DO NOT require anything to be done to the ball joints.

The hangers are a pain because you have to drill and remove the factory rivets but every kit is this way. Nothing lost there. The install took me the better part of the day but I did it solo. The spindles are a breeze, took me 30 minutes per side
Originally Posted by Bigwake03
Smooth sierra...Could you pm me this guys email also?.........and was McGaughty's kit pretty much bolt on?....I bought some chassis tech spindles but when i attempted to install them....I found that you have to drill out the rivots for the old ball joints, install new ones..and also flip the upper a - arms....sacrificing ride quality, and turn radius.....thanks, bro
Old 04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Teching In

My truck is dropped with DJM upper and lower control arms in the front, and a flip kit and shackle in the back for a total of 5/7. It rides great. Its a little stiffer than a stock setup, but thats to be expected and has almost no body roll to it. Also I run toxic drop shocks. So I have no complaints about DJM as far as quality of product. All though if you ever need to change the upper and lower ball joints on the control arms, be sure to call DJM and ask for the MOOG part numbers. They dont use stock ball joints in these things. Hell I think the lower ball joint was from like an 80s model ford if I remember correctly. Good side of that is, the ball joints they used were stronger looking and about 100 bucks cheaper than stock ones.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Wow Crunk, it sounds like that thing is really scraping the ground. Got any pics?
if so email them to

bobandtessie@sbcglobal.net

I really like seeing them way down like yours.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Have The Djm 4/6 With Lca's. 4 Bolts, Tie Rod Ends And The Ball Joints Were It for the front. It Took About An Hour To Drop The Front Of The Truck. Rear Is The Flip Kit. The Truck Rides Like Stock. Took About 5 Hours To Drop The Whole Thing. The Kit With Shocks Was Under 600 Dollars Shipped To My Door. Check Out Stylin Concepts.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:44 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

question smooth, with your drop kit with spindles and flip hanger kit, will the hotchkis F&R sway bars fit on with that kit too? i didnt know if the sway bars only working with he coil spring and leaf spring drop with the same height as in th TVS system
Old 04-30-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Regular

DJM 2/4 with LCA. Love the ride and quality.

Quick Reply: More drop susp questions