Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

My conyinuing saga...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My conyinuing saga...

Here is one of the tranny rebuild problem threads:

Vac Mod Install

Now the tranny shop is going to replace the entire valve body and install a whole new TransGo HD kit. None of us (the tech, the owner, nor me) can figure out why we are having such line pressure issues. They called me and said the only other thing it could be is a leaking valve bore of even a crack in the valve body itself. If the valve body replacement doesn't work, I dunno what the heck to do next. We think the vac mod kit install is fine since if it wasn't working at all, the default line pressure would be at the max and thus it would shift hard, not slip.
Has anyone ever heard of a failed valve body???
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it possible that you're actually having a problem with the whipple? I was talking to Rock-on yesterday and he mentioned something about whipples malfunctioning and messing up tranny's somehow. Not exactly sure how. Might be worth giving him a call. He's a ls1tech sponsor
Old 01-06-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the Whipple for over 4 years now, the last 2 without the Whipple electronics. The tranny lasted 3 of those with nothing more than a TransGo HD shift kit. The 1st rebuild in ct 04 was due to a cracked stock sunshell. The Oct 05 rebuild as due to a cracked HD forward apply piston, which the tranny tech said must have been caused by EXTREMELY high line pressure. They seem to think the valve body may have been fubarred as well at the same time as that piston. They are pulling it today to replace the 2nd gear band and 3-4 clutch pack while they replace the valve body and install a whole new TransGo HD shift kit. Should have it Tuesday.