Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

My experience with Moser Engineering...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and I just posted a thread about what rearend and driveshaft companies to go with.... sorry to hear. that sucks.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Moser 12 bolt axle tube weld broke - LS1TECH
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by david068513
and I just posted a thread about what rearend and driveshaft companies to go with.... sorry to hear. that sucks.
Where art thou thread...
I am sick of spending money to find out about Poor quality and customer service
Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think if your going for 8's in a truck you would surely want a brace on it. i know thats not on you because they said you wouldnt need it. also def sucks they arent behind you on it after spending that kind of coin on everything. do you have any correspondence with them about the brace and what not or was it over the phone.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I love emailing a company about correspondence and they say call us.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx
In my experfience driving 600+ miles and being at the front door the start of the next days business is so much more rewarding and fun

sig for reference

Mic, this definately sucks and I hope the new rearend can handle your goals
Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Launching!

That's crazy that they didn't recommend a back brace! I attended a Dave Morgan Chassis Seminar last year. He said the 9" is a tough rear end, BUT it must have a back brace if your throwing any power at it. Looks like your throwing plenty of power at it, AND it isn't a 2500lbs race car either.

My personal preference is a Dana 60. I get harassed all the time, "why are you putting that heavy dana in your car?!"

The Dana is 12lbs heavier than a 9", and it isn't a HP robber like the 9". The pinion of the 9" is too low on the ring gear. This makes for a strong diff, but also isn't the most efficient.

ANYWAY, I hope you have better luck with round number 2

-Kenny
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 AM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

Should of definately had a backbrace, especially with the brackets for the 4 link (or ladders bars whichever you have) set so far in from the ends of the housing.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blown02408
Should of definately had a backbrace, especially with the brackets for the 4 link (or ladders bars whichever you have) set so far in from the ends of the housing.
That's what I was thinking. They do look like they were in far.

I hate dealing with salesmen that you can tell are just bullshitters. They guy more than likely finishes his shift, and drives his Prius home.

I would send it back to them, and give them the opportunity to correct it. Maybe you are emailing someone who has no pull in the business. If they start to see threads like this, I bet they would help you. They want to sell parts, and I would never get anything from them if they didn't correct it for you.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01PewterWS6
LOL, why would you want another housing of theirs if the first one bent?!

I guess if all the other parts are ok you can at least brace the next one, but still some bad quality...
lol, exactly!! I'm done with their parts
That black and white pic is sexy, my new background at work. Yeah I have had issues with a bunch of companies lately. As soon as i saw the pics i was like that needs a brace. One thing i love about companies is SALESMEN.

these are the companies I have issues with....
McLeod TICK and Badlanze

Who did you go with and what did you buy?
I am actually putting a 10.5 14 bolt in my truck I dont think I will bend that but will brace it etc.
Ya, I should have known. But just sux. Im having another 9" built with a brace.

Originally Posted by schino
i think if your going for 8's in a truck you would surely want a brace on it. i know thats not on you because they said you wouldnt need it. also def sucks they arent behind you on it after spending that kind of coin on everything. do you have any correspondence with them about the brace and what not or was it over the phone.
No, all over the phone.
yep, every time.
Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
In my experfience driving 600+ miles and being at the front door the start of the next days business is so much more rewarding and fun

sig for reference

Mic, this definately sucks and I hope the new rearend can handle your goals
lol, ya. I thought about that. But I'm just moving on

Originally Posted by LowSilver
That's crazy that they didn't recommend a back brace! I attended a Dave Morgan Chassis Seminar last year. He said the 9" is a tough rear end, BUT it must have a back brace if your throwing any power at it. Looks like your throwing plenty of power at it, AND it isn't a 2500lbs race car either.

My personal preference is a Dana 60. I get harassed all the time, "why are you putting that heavy dana in your car?!"

The Dana is 12lbs heavier than a 9", and it isn't a HP robber like the 9". The pinion of the 9" is too low on the ring gear. This makes for a strong diff, but also isn't the most efficient.

ANYWAY, I hope you have better luck with round number 2

-Kenny
ya, the dana 60 is nice. The braced 9" should hold. we will see.

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
That's what I was thinking. They do look like they were in far.

I hate dealing with salesmen that you can tell are just bullshitters. They guy more than likely finishes his shift, and drives his Prius home.

I would send it back to them, and give them the opportunity to correct it. Maybe you are emailing someone who has no pull in the business. If they start to see threads like this, I bet they would help you. They want to sell parts, and I would never get anything from them if they didn't correct it for you.
lol, yep. Thats how they are. Just phone jockies. The mounts are not that far in, the rear is just long. They are set out as far as possible, had to clearance the frame bc they rubbed at first. If it didn't cost 200$ each way to ship it, I might. But I'm just opting out and having one built local.

Quick Reply: My experience with Moser Engineering...