Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

My Performance 4L60e being built right now

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built 60e is in!!!!

Well, We finished late last night around 12am putting it in and finding correct bolts for what was missing. And to top it off wifes ml350 alternator went out while she was dropping me off. Saturday project(replace benz alternator)

Here is an online album
http://picasaweb.google.com/vb6josh/Trans#

This is where the fuel lines were touching the y

The builder took it for a test drive with me in it and its nice, the stall is barely noticeable to me but he said its nice and not loose. He did a few tests while driving it and he liked it. He just says he wants to test drive it after I get the 6.0 installed to see if IT needs any adjustments.

I saw the oil that he drained and It was black. Build could only assume it was reused. Some of the internals that should have been replaced in any of the last 4 rebuilds were still stock.

The valve body took 5 hours for it to get cleaned up. There was mud like stuff in there but no mud in the fluid. Builder could not figure out why it was so nasty.

Another thing that was odd was that the dip stick was half way in and siliconed in the rest of the space. The sip stick looks like it was ran over on a gravel road. No reason why it should be in that condition.

The shop that did this is going to be surprised when they find my review on them when someone googles their name.

Last edited by pasadenaman; 05-14-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Driving to work this morning felt amost the same. I have to get it tuned. I am thinking of buying another pcm having it tuned by Wheatley and using the original pcm thats stock and unlocked used for the 6.0. Until its tuned i am not going to see the benefits of the build + the hd2 kit.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
Driving to work this morning felt amost the same. I have to get it tuned. I am thinking of buying another pcm having it tuned by Wheatley and using the original pcm thats stock and unlocked used for the 6.0. Until its tuned i am not going to see the benefits of the build + the hd2 kit.
Even on a stock tune you should feel firmer shifts I would think. I am using the smallest holes transgo recommends with slightly lower 1-2 shift pressure and its still pretty firm.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Firmer shifts are just a few shims away
Ont he plate we went with a street and performance option on the holes. I am babying for 300 miles. I do notice a diferance though. While testing it last night or this morning around 1230 we did get the wheels to chirp.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you going to run any torque management?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Right now it has a stock tune. I am not too sure if I want to pay for a tune then get a 6.0 put an and have to re-tune it by another tuner. Once I get the 6.0 and the rest of the items i bough in my sig installed its going to really wake up.

***update**** Me not getting a tune aftger adding a stall and shoft kit killed my $3k trans.

Last edited by pasadenaman; 05-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am down. Transmission guy suspects a leak. It shifts like there is not enough fluid in the tranny but its where it needs to be and its not burnt or off color.

We called TCI 3 times regarding a failed air check, The plugs were not loose.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, TCI is going to talk to my transmission builder and get additional details.
The builder warned me that if I had problems with 3 and 4 that would be the reason.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you talking about the drum from TCI?

Did you use a pinless forward accumulator? I had an issue on a build where the ball bearings worked themself out and I lost enough pressure to kill 3-4 and make a sluggish 1-2.

Last edited by stevenc; 06-01-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a TCI Drum, shaft kit with everything pictured below and hardend input shaft pictured below.
I did buy them but I am not sure if they were installed. Something to do with the hd2 kit saying not to use the pinless ones. All the parts I bought were not used and I have them somewhere in a box.

Quick Reply: My Performance 4L60e being built right now