Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

my revised build list - check me

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

what bearings/bushings/spacers will I likely need? i havent had time to tear it out of the truck yet, hopefully this saturday.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Spoke with Dana at Pro Built Automatics for over 30 minutes. this guy is awesome, very friendly and goes beyond good customer service. he went through my web-order and made some suggestions and told me exactly why he made the suggestions and also offered some alternatives. definitely will buying from him again.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06sierra5.3
Im pretty sure this comes in the HD-2 shift kit, no? thanks for the link.
It does not because it is a Sonnax part not a transgo. I added it because it just seems to make sense on what it does. It is cheap 30-35 or so.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke with Dana at Pro Built Automatics for over 30 minutes. this guy is awesome, very friendly and goes beyond good customer service. he went through my web-order and made some suggestions and told me exactly why he made the suggestions and also offered some alternatives. definitely will buying from him again.
He was really good and helpful for me when I spoke to him and all of the parts where top notch and his instructions worked really well.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the post Vince. I wasn't entirely sold on the wider band thing.

doesn't a wider band lessen apply pressure? the pressure is dispersed over a larger surface area, reducing the overall apply pressure? or am I just nerding out?

I ordered a BW high energy stock width band, this should be sufficient with all the accomodating parts shouldnt it?

thanks again
Yes your nerding out! The idea with the wide band is you have more holding power because of the greater surface area. I use a wide band in all performance and HD applications. To me it just makes sense. Vince
Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah baby!

billet output showed up today, and I ordered both 5 pinion planetaries from PATC. I called them back and got the first guy I talked to. very good prices on the planetaries. the the input comes with the reaction hub/shaft and new bearings.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vince B
Yes your nerding out! The idea with the wide band is you have more holding power because of the greater surface area. I use a wide band in all performance and HD applications. To me it just makes sense. Vince
I don't know what to get for mine. Dana says the stock width band is good to 750hp and will offer better part throttle shifts.

You say you like the wide band.

I wish there was just one right answer. It seems that everybody has their own way of doing it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by offroadrider12
I don't know what to get for mine. Dana says the stock width band is good to 750hp and will offer better part throttle shifts.

I wish there was just one right answer. It seems that everybody has their own way of doing it.

Dana told me the same thing. The one thing Dana stressed more than anything was to have quick, but not hard shifts he repeatedly beat it into my head not to have hard shifts.
I already ordered the BW band so I will use that, but I am taking Vince's advice and buying a new drum
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by offroadrider12

I've used a wide band for years and never had issues with them. Here's another thing to think about with Dana's statement. At 750HP how long is the 4l60e really going to last in a heavy *** truck? Lets face it in stock form these narrow bands fail so why would you not want to upgrade when you have the chance! Just my opinion. Vince
Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Vince I sent you a PM couple days ago.

Quick Reply: my revised build list - check me