Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Need new front shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new front shocks...

What brands are good? Currently on a 2/2 drop and using the Belltech Street Performance series shock with no complaints. Except that they crapped out after ~2years. Is that normal? They ride nice, but I am not interested in them if its an every two year thing. I was looking at the Doetche line. if nothing else, they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

28 views and no one has an opinion on shocks?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Belltech shocks have a lifetime warranty so if you're satisfied with them just get a new set for free.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
Belltech shocks have a lifetime warranty so if you're satisfied with them just get a new set for free.
+1 Get new ones for free They should last longer than 2 years IMO
Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black04
Originally Posted by budhayes3
+1 Get new ones for free They should last longer than 2 years IMO
You guys got my hopes up, looked up their info...

from belltech's site
Belltech Street Performance and Nitro Drop 2 shocks are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years (unlimited mileage) as long as the vehicle has been operated under normal conditions. Please take a look at the "How to.." section on the right for more information on how to file a warranty claim.

and this from the Doetsche site... nothing about lifetime, but nothing about a two yer limit either. I swear I saw it somewhere, but this is what the manufacturer says... I have to call them tomorrow.

LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY_
Doetsch Enterprises (DT) warrants to Distributor and/or the original purchaser who owns the vehicle on which the product was originally installed and must provide (DT) with a copy of Original receipt of purchase this is mandatory upon return. Distributor/Customer is responsible for the removal and freight costs to Doetsch for warranty inspect, unless product was shipped to customer incorrectly. Limited Product Liability is against manufactures defects “Only“. DT does not warrant the product for finish, alterations, modifications and/or installation contrary to DT instructions. DT Suspension Products are not designed nor intended to be installed on vehicles used in race applications or for racing purposes or for similar activities. Distributor/Customer is responsible for care and maintenance of chrome rods.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run DT on all 4 corners..They ride ok..but handle great..If you can cough up some coin call them up and have them valve you 4 emulsion shocks for you . I have met Rick Doetch a few times as they are from San Diego..Very nice knowledgable guy..
These are what are going on the FRONT of my truck..valved by Rick
The remote mount reservoir is a waste of time on a street truck..they are mainly to keep the shock oil cool on a offroad shock that is moving/traveling constantly..And on 99.9% of street trucks they just do not need it
http://doetsch-shocks.com/5.asp
Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the input man, I think I'm going to give these a try. not the mono-tubes, I don't have the $$ for that. the info is kinda generalized on the site, of these two, which one do you recommend?

http://www.shocksandsuspension.com/p...tem-2_dc-1.htm

http://www.shocksandsuspension.com/p...tem-5_dc-1.htm

The truck is a DD, lowered 2/2 on stock 20s. Not looking for crazy handling, or an ultra-smooth ride, just a reliable shock thats not too abrasive or mushy.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Launching!

the DT shocks are quite stiff IMO

i run the belltech street performance shocks and they ride very good
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Notorious BIG

Edelbrock IAS on my dropped AWD SS love them!