Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I need some help pinpointing where this squeak is coming from. I think it is the spring rubbing but im not sure. It started after i ran over a big *** raccoon coming back from the track one night. The sound is coming from the passenger side wheel well. About three months ago i replaced all of the bushings with moog and recently put in the QA1 adj. coilovers(with stock control arms). I stopped by the local shop and they said everything looks fine and cant find anything to fix, but there's no way i can ride around hearing this damn noise all day.Any help is much appreciated.
Here's a sound clip:

Last edited by L$X$10; 07-13-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be electrical. I had a problem like that, and it went away every time I turned the radio up.

But seriously, how are you getting that noise? Are you jumping on the rear bumper? It could be a shock, or where a shock is mounted.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I hear is

That would drive me crazy! Hope you figure it out.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I cant see watch your clip at work but have you checked the sway bar bushings?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
It could be electrical. I had a problem like that, and it went away every time I turned the radio up.

But seriously, how are you getting that noise? Are you jumping on the rear bumper? It could be a shock, or where a shock is mounted.
lol yea trust me the radio is up so i dont have to hear that awful noise..im on the passenger side standing on the frame with the door open

Originally Posted by rjwz28
All I hear is

That would drive me crazy! Hope you figure it out.
yea really and i hope so too

Originally Posted by Robert91RS
I cant see watch your clip at work but have you checked the sway bar bushings?
i have and they seem good..i did call dave at qa1 and let him listen to the sound clip and he thinks it may be an over tightened bushing..i guess i can just pretend im listing to the Trillville "some cut" song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvhzmzJhcNc
Old 07-14-2011, 11:16 AM

i put the truck up on a lift today and listened to everything with a mechanic's stethoscope and it seems most of the squeak is coming from the lower control arm bushings..so hopefully that's it and can fix this problem with some new delrin bushing when i throw on the tubular control arm