Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Need some help here! vibration issue bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help here! vibration issue bad!

so today i decided to do my u-joints...everything went fine, but when i took my truck for a test drive i seemed to have afuckload of vibration coming from my front end...shifter for the t-case has no vibration and i am positive its coming from the front end...i used to get wobble at about 40-50 with unbalanced tires...now i dont get the wobbles but i get a wicked *** vibration...i honestly dont know wth it could be, i just hope it gets me to work n back this week...i did my RC 2in susp lift the other day and the t-bars are maxxed...could this create a problem? honestly after looking at my cv angle today it bothered me a little seeing how steep the angles were and ill prob drop it a little tomarrow...weird thing is this vibration randomly came outta no where

thanks in advance

tj
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the wobble come on directly after the U-joint swap? Does it get progressively worse as you accelerate? Does it wobble worse in 4wd? You could try driving it with the front shaft out to see if it is the shaft. Does it wobble in the steering wheel? Try at slow speeds to put it in 4wd, and turn left and right to see if there is a clicking noise coming from the shafts.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep but theres nothin from the drivetrain binding or making noise...you grab the t-case handle nice and smooth...and i didnt go over 60 but in between 40-50 its really rough feeling, like binding or some ****, just doesnt feel right...in the steering wheel it used to wobble...now its just vibration out the ***...and ill def try that...would that mean worn cv's?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so went around in 4wd no crunching binding or anything...my u joints are tight as **** but idk if thatd give me a vibration at 40-50 instead of my normal wobble of unbalanced tires...***** weird as **** and i hope to god my truck makes it to and from work tomarrow
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so decranked the t-bars so the truck sits level and not prerunner style...no difference...any ideas???
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump*
Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bet you put your drive shaft in a vise huh? If so you probably warped it
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yessir but not tight...we used the ball joint c-clamp style tool todrive the u-joints out...and pressed em in with the tool too...vibes are comin from the front end, not from the rear which is weird..cvs have no vertical play just side to side...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh well good luck lol that was my shot at helping ya! How about did you grease all of em? Make sure one of the needle bearings didnt fall out?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha well thanks man i appreciate the help anyways! n they were pre greased and dont have circs to grease em, i put a healthy amout in anyways since there from autismzone...i just wanted em since my truck eats through u joints and there lifetime warrantied lol, and im positive they didnt fall out, i have ocd about that kinda stuff lol...im thinkin mabey rip out the cv's and front d-shaft(even tho i know those u joints r gone) and see if any of the vibes go away....sometimes elimination process works sometimes its a waste of time lol...btw man totally off subject but sick *** truck!!!

Quick Reply: Need some help here! vibration issue bad!