Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
great news! what size and BS'ing did you order? oh, and $$?
Wondering the same thing!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am placing the order in the morning. I wanted to make sure the slicks came in first and they were sitting at my garage when I got home from work! They look pretty much identical to my first set but we will see!

I am going with a 6 inch backspace. I might be able to clear a little bit more but I know for sure the 6 will work and I am not willing to risk going deeper. Pricing will depend on what style rim you choose. Page 12 has the modular rim and is more expensive. The solid rim or truck pull style on page 13 is what I am going with as they feel it will be much better for drag racing. That rim in a 16x12 starts at 277.00 and then you add what options you want. Since I can't clear the calipers with a beadlock on the inside I think I am going to add a beadlock on the outer edge and run screws on the inner edge.

All said and done I am probably looking at mid 700's for two rims. Not cheap but getting what you want never is. I will let you know the total damage after I order them tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:25 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds good! when you get them mounted up, would you mind taking some measurements from the inner tire edge to the leaf springs and wheel tubs? I'm running 5.5 BS right now and it looks like 6.5" of BS might work with the 14" section width on the Nostalgia, you will be my best indicator for this , thanks for the updates

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
I am placing the order in the morning. I wanted to make sure the slicks came in first and they were sitting at my garage when I got home from work! They look pretty much identical to my first set but we will see!

I am going with a 6 inch backspace. I might be able to clear a little bit more but I know for sure the 6 will work and I am not willing to risk going deeper. Pricing will depend on what style rim you choose. Page 12 has the modular rim and is more expensive. The solid rim or truck pull style on page 13 is what I am going with as they feel it will be much better for drag racing. That rim in a 16x12 starts at 277.00 and then you add what options you want. Since I can't clear the calipers with a beadlock on the inside I think I am going to add a beadlock on the outer edge and run screws on the inner edge.

All said and done I am probably looking at mid 700's for two rims. Not cheap but getting what you want never is. I will let you know the total damage after I order them tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok guys I have a question.. Based on what you have seen how much back spacing could I get away with on a 22 x 10 wheel? I want to get as much as I can get away with.. (Street tires)
Old 04-11-2005, 11:11 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
Ok guys I have a question.. Based on what you have seen how much back spacing could I get away with on a 22 x 10 wheel? I want to get as much as I can get away with.. (Street tires)
I already told you didn't I?

that depends on a couple of things. First of all with a 10" wide wheel at 5.5" BS and a 305 tire you will be dead even with the fender flare (thats what I have). To tuck that same wheel/tire you will need 6" or 6.5" of BS, (check with Bryan of Intro Wheels for the exact setup). You have to take the section width of the tire into account because that is what will usually rub first.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
what a rush!

also, from my measurements, 6.5" of BS will fit, you'll just need to calculate how much tire hangs over the wheel (i.e. section width) to be sure all will be dandy
Old 04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already told you didn't I?

that depends on a couple of things. First of all with a 10" wide wheel at 5.5" BS and a 305 tire you will be dead even with the fender flare (thats what I have). To tuck that same wheel/tire you will need 6" or 6.5" of BS, (check with Bryan of Intro Wheels for the exact setup). You have to take the section width of the tire into account because that is what will usually rub first.
305/45/22 is what I am going with in the rear, I know you wanted front and rears even and thats why you went with 5.5 bs. I want to get them in as far as possible. (12in section width)

I plan to run 255/60/20's in the front
Old 04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
what a rush!

oh yeah! I'd be more than happy to take pics with available room left between the wheel and leaf springs so you could make your own decision!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah! I'd be more than happy to take pics with available room left between the wheel and leaf springs so you could make your own decision!
Cool that would be great! BTW 12" section width..
Old 04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
Cool that would be great! BTW 12" section width..
thats about 1" wider, I'm almost positive that will work, but I will measure and take pics to verify, to bad your not closer, hell I'd show you in person!

Quick Reply: Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel