Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

new performabuilt trans and still the same problem wth is goin on

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpers
already changed the switch

because if its what i think it is the maf has lost its calibration and causes the truck to think its moving more than it is and shift really fast and then trys locking the converter thinking its over 50mph wich is my lockup speed. the reason it would do it when its warm is because thats when the sensor starts working. when you first crank the truck up its either in a closed loop or open loop ( cant rember wich is wich) but it isnt until the truck heat up alittle that the maf start adjusting. i could be wrong but im thinking this is my problem and only time will tell but for 3 days so far with the maf unplugged no issue and with the new maf no an issue yet and ive prolly put 100 miles on it.
Not correct at all. The MAF is always working, and it doesnt care about speed, all it reports is a frequency. The difference between open loop and closed loop is feedback signal from the o2 sensors, but again, nothing to do with speed.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Not correct at all. The MAF is always working, and it doesnt care about speed, all it reports is a frequency. The difference between open loop and closed loop is feedback signal from the o2 sensors, but again, nothing to do with speed.
ive talked to a couple of ppl and they said it sounds like the maf and they said its kinda rare that they act like this but it perfectly describes my problem from what frank said. he said hes had like 1 customer with this problem before. and a few other ppl have said that it sounds like the maf but we will see its doin good so far... and i have 30 days to take the maf back if thats not it
Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

You are thinking of 02 sensors. The MAF works anytime the engine is rotating.

In school they explained it to us like this. If in doubt FIX WHAT YOU KNOW IS BROKE and then re evaluate and see what else goes away in the process. Fix the C0327 code (encoder sensor) and you will fix your fast shifting problem. I've fixed three of these that have done the EXACT same thing because of a false encoder position reading. Its not that I'm telling you what to do but I'm kind of telling you what to do.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

I'm gunna be fixing that too.. I just spent out so far.. Hopefully one of the two fix it.. I just have 100 today to blow on a sensor I have no idea where it goes