Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

new suspensions setup-trying to get it to hook

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Received 223 Likes on 149 Posts

i didnt check the angles before removing them. now that you mention it i wish i did just for the info, but they were laid out pretty bad.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:15 AM

its crazy how much better things look with a splash of paint.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

any idea what shocks you are going to go with?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TXsilverado,

Did you have much bed bounce on concrete highways? I am looking at doing this to the shocks on my DD.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by 454navyss
any idea what shocks you are going to go with?
ive had great luck with the rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. I will probably end up with a shorter version of the same shock. i havent had any bottom out issues with my current ranchos with them on the softest setting

Originally Posted by stevenc
TXsilverado,

Did you have much bed bounce on concrete highways? I am looking at doing this to the shocks on my DD.
not sure of you definition of bed bounce, but i changed it mostly because it just wasnt right. sure, i could have left it alone and drove it that way for now on without any problems, but i wanted the best performance i can get on the strip...and the way my shocks were set up, they werent as capible of doing their job.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
not sure of you definition of bed bounce, but i changed it mostly because it just wasnt right. sure, i could have left it alone and drove it that way for now on without any problems, but i wanted the best performance i can get on the strip...and the way my shocks were set up, they werent as capible of doing their job.
bout like a stripper wearing a fleece sweater, the old shock locations are pointless when lowered!!!!! I gotta fix mine soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about doing this too! and going with the adjustable shocks. where do you get yours at? I guess they make them for 4" lower than stock shocks right? so why did you go flip kit rather than shakle hanger drop? just the angle the cal tracs are setting?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice setup man!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by fastrt
I am thinking about doing this too! and going with the adjustable shocks. where do you get yours at? I guess they make them for 4" lower than stock shocks right? so why did you go flip kit rather than shakle hanger drop? just the angle the cal tracs are setting?
i got the flip kit for 2 reasons. my biggest reason was to get the bar on the cal-tracs sitting more parallel, and the 2nd reason was to level out the truck. i had a 1" rake with a 2" drop hanger and 3" drop shackle. the flip kit put me perfect level.

im still just working on theories/trial and error and some tips from madman. eventually ill figure it all out. i think i'm on the right track though.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:19 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i got the flip kit for 2 reasons. my biggest reason was to get the bar on the cal-tracs sitting more parallel, and the 2nd reason was to level out the truck. i had a 1" rake with a 2" drop hanger and 3" drop shackle. the flip kit put me perfect level.

im still just working on theories/trial and error and some tips from madman. eventually ill figure it all out. i think i'm on the right track though.
ok gotcha. did you have your overload spring off with the shakle hanger drop? I had mine off then put it back on when I was chasing a high speed vibration. I found out the place I had put my u-joints in at bent an ear on my driveshaft causing it to vibrate from 90-110. i have a built driveshaft now, and its smooth as glass. but I want to take the overload back out to get that level look, and the bars were more parallel with out the overload. did you use any pinion shims to get the pinion angle back right again?

Quick Reply: new suspensions setup-trying to get it to hook