Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Newest Sponsor checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest Sponsor checking in!

Hey gang,

I thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself. I'm Gilbert. I own and operate ACE Racing Transmissions. We are located in the Dallas Fort worth area. Specifically in Garland, Texas.

I have been a Sponsor over on Tech in the past, got away from that and went a different direction. I've spent a bunch of time at the race tracks as a Crew Chief and Tuner on some pretty fast cars.I'm currently the Race Director of the Outlaw Top Sportsman series here in North Texas. We run a 4.70 index. I am the Crew Chief and Tuner of Clint Satterfields S-10 ProMod truck. We run a 782 cid mountain motor on 4 rather large nitrous systems. I also Tune Mike McGraws Top Sportsman 2002 Camaro. That car sports a 632 inch mill on one system.

I've done extensive research and development on the 60e and 80e among other transmissions. I have extensive depth in the industry and am proud to say I have relationships with the best of the best transmission builders nationwide.

If you need anything feel free to give me a shout! I'll do my best to be on the boards here and at Tech in order to help you guys with stuff that comes up.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

g
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM
13 Second Truck Club

What kind of power do you expect your Stage 1/2/3 transmissions to hold up to? In say a 3500lb vehicle and 5000lb vehicle?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
FormerVendor

Hey thanks for asking! I appreciate your interest.

I don't rate my units in terms of horsepower capacity. I will tell you that I use state of the art components and am constantly pushing the envelope. For instance we are one of the very few companies in the market who utilize a billet aluminum overrunning clutch piston in the input drum assembly. We were one of the first companies to develop our own separator plate and run the 46mod (vacuum modulator) in the vast majority of our 4l60e builds. I did that because of my extensive research regarding Tuning tables and data logging line pressure rise in real world high horsepower street machine applications.

Our base level build is one that has improved hydraulics and soft parts upgrades. Therefore it will break hard parts just like a stock unit would.

The next level unit has a sleeved drum, the aforementioned input assembly mods, and a vacuum modulator. It too has stock internal hard parts.

The next level can be considered the stepping off point from a well build rowdy transmission that is vastly improved over a stock application. However, because no two combinations are alike and no two budgets are the same I prefer to build for the specific application. I don't mean to dodge your question, but Vince B and anyone else in the industry will tell you that if a builder is using the best parts available, then there are only one or two manufacturers to go to for those parts. Therefore, part for part, I would put my transmissions up against any builder out there.

I do not build "cookie cutter" assembly line transmissions. Meaning, my transmissions do not get built at multiple stations. They are handcrafted by me one unit at a time and they are purpose built for the application. I build my transmissions one relationship at a time.

g
Old 08-05-2011, 02:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to PT.net man! I just checked out your website, very cool!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to see some high quality brain matter floating around here.

Looking forward to having you around and if youre a friend of Vince's you're good to go in my book Congrats on the sponsorship and I personally hope to see you doing a lot of business here.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
Hey thanks for asking! I appreciate your interest.

I don't rate my units in terms of horsepower capacity. I will tell you that I use state of the art components and am constantly pushing the envelope. For instance we are one of the very few companies in the market who utilize a billet aluminum overrunning clutch piston in the input drum assembly. We were one of the first companies to develop our own separator plate and run the 46mod (vacuum modulator) in the vast majority of our 4l60e builds. I did that because of my extensive research regarding Tuning tables and data logging line pressure rise in real world high horsepower street machine applications.

Our base level build is one that has improved hydraulics and soft parts upgrades. Therefore it will break hard parts just like a stock unit would.

The next level unit has a sleeved drum, the aforementioned input assembly mods, and a vacuum modulator. It too has stock internal hard parts.

The next level can be considered the stepping off point from a well build rowdy transmission that is vastly improved over a stock application. However, because no two combinations are alike and no two budgets are the same I prefer to build for the specific application. I don't mean to dodge your question, but Vince B and anyone else in the industry will tell you that if a builder is using the best parts available, then there are only one or two manufacturers to go to for those parts. Therefore, part for part, I would put my transmissions up against any builder out there.

I do not build "cookie cutter" assembly line transmissions. Meaning, my transmissions do not get built at multiple stations. They are handcrafted by me one unit at a time and they are purpose built for the application. I build my transmissions one relationship at a time.

g
Great info brother! I appreciate the insight and honesty. Being new to us, maybe you could post some of your successes and/or projects. Right out of the shoot getting a thumbs up from Vince and reading your introduction/responses I think you're off to a great start! Welcome and it's good to have you around
Old 08-05-2011, 09:01 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the foums!!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vince is an alright guy so I guess you might be alright too

You're right up the road too

Some success stories would be great too so you're not just another sponsor selling a product, always helps to see results and we all like seeing fast vehicles
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Vince is a putz! But don't tell him I said so!

Actually, he and I do go back a few years as good friends and as constituents. Last summer when I was in Chicagoland for personal business I stopped by the old shop to kick a few coldies back and check out the operation. I do respect his technical skills, when it comes to transmissions no one man can know it all. There are few builders that know their business like he does... I guess he's alright for a Yankee!

I do have a few project builds that are representative of what I'm capable of... but honestly, I don't make it a habit of carrying a camera around when I'm working. I do have some cool build pics that I'll be adding here and there. Some are of big tired chassis cars that I am associated with. Some are of F-body conversions and different transmissions I've built over the years.

I don't mind sharing information and technology (to a certain extent), it's all in the name of doing good things for good folks ya know!

If you'll do a search of my posts on Tech you'll see that I was pretty involved over there for several years. But, life happened and I went a different direction for a while. I didn't come here by happenstance, this is something I've been gearing up to do for a while now. Let me dig around a little bit and I'll see if I can't find an old sales thread that I put some effort into once upon a time. There is some good information that represents what I'm capable of.

I am here to earn relationships with you guys, have some fun, earn some respect and maybe do some business as well. The people that know me best know that I do not bullshit my way through something if I do not know the answer. I will however find the answer so that I can get better at what I do.

Thanks for the kind words guys....

g

Quick Reply: Newest Sponsor checking in!