Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Newest Sponsor checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site sir!

Always great to have people who use the products they sell .

Good luck .

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 08-06-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: its site not sight ding dong
Old 08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N20GMC
Hey Gilbert this is Justin from Speedtech good to see you made it on here.
Thanks Justin! How's your truck coming along?

By the way... I spoke to my guy in Albuquerque today, the Callies crankshaft was delivered to Sunset last week and the new bullet goes on the dyno monday... if all goes well he'll test next weekend and then we'll head to Denver the following weekend to run the Quick 8 in the Super Chevy race. It ought to be interesting tuning in 6,000' - 8,000' air then figuring out a tune up for our 2,000' air here in Tx!

(Being as this client runs Speedtech hardware Justin did all the plumbing for the 4 N2O systems)

as a rule of thumb, new transmission sponsorers are required to send the most heavily built 4l80e that they are capible of to all of the forum mods and admins. let me know when you are done with mine and ill make the drive to pick it up i cant wait!
Well, see I have already been working on the builds for all you Mods here! Look for them sometime in the Winter of 2012! I'm waiting for a trick unobtainium alloy to be developed (t-13 aluminum, NASA steel and titanium combined). I've been working with the guys at Area 51 for some time now on this stuff!

Welcome aboard Gilbert...Glad to have you on here, looking forward to seeing your builds.

Chris
Thanks Chris, it's good to be here buddy.

I do appreciate all your comments guys... I know that some of the Sponsors here have set the bar pretty high, and I can only hope to compliment the group of folks that makes this place what it is.

And just as an FYI.... I mentioned in another thread that I don't mind taking calls at odd hours. It's just not a big deal to me. If I can answer, I will take the time to discuss your situation as best I can. The number I advertise is my cell number. I have guys that contact me from all over the country often. I'll be at Red Line Raceway testing our 4.70 Index car tonight. That's an example of times when I just might not see your call, but do leave a message if you do not get me and I'll get back in touch as soon as I can.

g
Old 08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Welcome Gilbert. An thanks for the email last wk. Haven't had time to get in touch due to wrk an still waiting on sum parts. Look forward talkin to you an seeing your input on the site.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Welcome aboard Gill and thanks for the comments everyone. Gil comes to us with some great knowledge not only in building performance transmissions but also in building race cars and performance vehicles. I have seen many photo's of the projects he has been involved in and they are sick machines to say the least. I could go on and on but I'll leave that up to Gil! Great to see you here buddy and I to look forward to seeing some of your projects in the future. Vince
Old 08-13-2011, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Hey thanks Vince! I do appreciate the respect and your kind words. And I'm sure you know that while I may joke and kid around here and there, I do have deep respect for your mad skills on the bench buddy!

Speaking of pics... here's a blast from the past. Do you remember this rig?

That's a great photo of the car, but a crummy photo of me standing behind it with my hands on my hips! LOL... That is Steve Gorman in his Pontiac Grand Am that won the 2007 ADRL Extreme 10.5 Chamionship. He had hired me for a few select ADRL and local events. That particular photo was taken back in the Summer of 2008 up in Martin, Michigan at the 4th annual ADRL Pizza Hut Summer Drags held at what was then called Knoll Gas Motorsports Park at U.S. 131. That Saturday morning Vince got up and drove some 3 hours in order to come hang out at the track with me. And in typical Vince B fashion he provided the beer and brats! Mad props to you for that my friend!

And in keeping with our truck theme here at PT.net... these next few pics are of Clint Satterfields Pro Mod S-10 truck that I mentioned earlier in this thread....

The following pics were taken at my shop last summer right after we added the 3rd stage to the old 665" motor. Clint and his dad brought it to me so we could change the stator in the Neil Chance Racing converters bolt together Torque converter. If we had left it as it was the converter would have been too loose. So we took the r25 stator out and installed an r35 stator. That night we went on to set personal best E.T.'s. Our 4.36 @ 167 mph proved to be the fastest lap that he had driven and I had Tuned a car to myself.

I know that these pics really do not represent what we do with the trucks around here, but they do serve to let you guys know that I am a Drag Racer at heart, it is a passion for me. When I have some more time in the near future I'll post up some pics that are relative to the overdrives that we talk about and work with here at PT.net.

If any of you guys are in the area, stop by Red Line Raceway out in Caddo Mills tonight and say hi. I'll be running a Chicago Style Shootout with my 4.70 Outlaw Top Sportsman cars. If you can make it stop by and say hey... I'll be Tuning this engine...

Which is in this car...

And never forget my motto which is... "Ya win some, ya runner up in the rest!"

g
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome Gil! Looks like you wear several different hats, I imagine you stay pretty busy. Good luck to you and happy to see we can benefit from your experience and service
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will be a very nice asset to this site, Thanks for becoming a sponser! Most of us can only dream to have something as nice in those pics lol
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM

Stickied for a while.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM
FormerVendor

In keeping with the racing theme, maybe it's time for a bit of an update on my escapades at the track.

With my 4.70 index Top Sportsman client we decided to work on speeding the car up to be able to compete at a 4.50 index level next season. We want to come out swinging hard after this winter! Recently we had the torque converter tightened up so that we can run 2 nitrous systems in the future. Currently we are running a 24/28 pill in the fogger. That equates to about a 250-275 shot. We've been on the conservative side running in the 4.70 class for some time now, but we are in the process of making it mean!

Last week we put swapped from a 4.30 gear to a 4.71 ratio. And, last weekend I pulled appx 1/4# of fuel out and added a full degree of timing to the N2O hit. That was good for a personal best for my client... 4.67 @ 151mph. That's not too shabby for a converter that's pulling the motor down some 2,000 rpm at the gear change! It's time to pill it up baby! I told Mike that we need to go to a 30/34 or 30/36 in order to reap the full benefit of the combination as it sits... but we might also go to a 4.86 or 5.11 gear, not sure what I'll have to tune to in the coming weeks on this car... stay tuned though!

And... here's some breaking news! My client in Albuquerque, NM called a couple of Sundays ago to announce that he's stepping out of the truck and moving into a Tim McAmis built 1968 Camaro Pro Mod that was built in 2010 and has some 40 laps on the chassis. The car was delivered to him this past Saturday from Pennsylvania. Today the 782" motor goes in and he'll mock up the headers and driveshaft. Hopefully I'll get my hands on it in 2 weeks!

Here is a copy of the ad for the new car on our local website..... "2010 Mcamis 1968 camaro pro mod carbon fiber body ,carbon fiber interior ,strange ultra struts,Mcamis floater rear,set up for rossler turbo glide trans,race pack with lots of sensors,race pack dash ,spaghetti mender wiring set up for 4 nitrous systems,isp head supports,weld bead locks,current nhra & ihra cert,moly driveshaft(carbon fiber avail)radiator with remote water pump,magna fuel 500 fuel pump,double frame rail powder coated, strange ultra case center section w/ 4.29 gear set,also avail turn key with sonnys 798 hemi 3 nitrous system,& rossler turbo glide coan mega converter car weighs 2280# w/2 nitrous bottles no driver very nice car!!!"

And here is a pic...

He'll come down for the next TOPMA race and that same day I'll have rented Texas Raceway for testing! Soo... if any of you guys are interested in a Pro Mod pickup truck that has been 4.36 @ 168 mph it's for sale! $45,000 will take it home!

And of course an update would not be complete if I did not make the time to thank all of you once again for the overwhelming support here online and at the shop! I have been one busy dude lately thanks to you guys! If I'm not here online I'm either wrenching at the shop or at the track or spending time with my loved ones! So do drop a note anytime and I'll see ya'll on the boards here soon!

g
Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

So i guess your not into the 6L80E business yet??

Quick Reply: Newest Sponsor checking in!