Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

no 2nd gear after servos and shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no 2nd gear after servos and shift kit

reverse, 1st, 3rd, and 4th work fine. only second is not working. it goes from 1st to 3rd? any ideas? maybe the electrical connectors under the pan? or could it be the servo installation? the shift kit was fine to install, the servos was a bit differcult due to lack of good directions. i put the sonnax 1-2 and 3-4 servos in
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you installed the shift kit did you use the hd-2 kit? If so are you sure that you have the new 1-2 shift valve installed correctly. It requires a large white factory spring first, the new trans go valve with the check ball installed and then the small green spring installed next. Followed by the solenoid and the retaining clip. It is possible that you had an error with the servos or the shift kit. You should probably get the pan down and look for the obvious. It's always best to go over the directions again even if you have to remove a few things until you find it. If you think that you might have a problem with the servos pull the servo cover take a peak to make sure that all the pieces are in order and that you did not damage any of the seals.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

i think i may not have plugged that connector back in? i ordered the kit from you. i think its the HD2. thats the order i did the with the valve. ill pull it off tomorrow and check.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Launching!

servo installation correct order? i put the OEM big spring on the tip of the servo pin. then the 2nd sonnax servo. then the smaller OEM spring with the OEM washer and e-clip. then i put that in the car. then i slid the sonnax separator piston in. then the 4th sonnax servo gold washer then the 4th servo assembly. is this correct? i ground the tip a bit. and verified the drum spun after everything was installed.

ive done shift kits before and would put the check ***** onto the separator plate with some vaseline. then put the valve body up before they fell. this time i put them in the valve body then put that up. was that fine?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

ok so after talking to vince i realized i didn't put the 2nd sonnax servo together right. after i fixed that problem and verified everything in the servo area was correct, i still dont have a second gear. i guess tomorrow ill drop the pan and check the 2nd shift valve or whatever u call it that vince told me about. the one with the gold check ball and green spring