Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

No overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vince B
Yes you could pry on the cover to try to see how loose the assembly is. One mistake guys make when assembling these servo's is that they leave the gold washer off the servo pin that sonnax supplies. This needs to be between the servo pin "E"clip and 4th servo assembly. I think I have a pic some where if needed of how this should be assembled. I would think that if you forgot this washer the trans would not have worked as long as it did. I will say what AKlowriderZ71 has said is probably a reality. I just wanted you to verify for fact that the commands are there using a scan tool if possible. HTH Vince
How loose should cover be such as 1/4 inch play or what is acceptable.We definately put gold washer on during assembly,I don't doubt that trans is probably seen better days just trying to see if it was something simple since 3rd gear shift at WOT does not slip,flare or hit rev limiter like most people talk about when their 3-4 clutch pack goes out.Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally set up my bands in a performance build on the tight side making sure that both second and 4th are adjusted about the same. In most cases I would say that if you can move the cover a 1/4 inch its to loose but that's just me.