Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

nobody says much about brakes....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the money and didn't have to worry about running 16" wheels, I would have checked into a Baer Eradispeed kit. I definitely think it's worth it, but I have to be able to keep my 16's for the dragstrip.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
If I had the money and didn't have to worry about running 16" wheels, I would have checked into a Baer Eradispeed kit. I definitely think it's worth it, but I have to be able to keep my 16's for the dragstrip.

I'm kinda split about it. I don't plan on running slicks.....but you never know.

How much did the lines, rotor, pads run you? Just for comparison's sake. Hopefully by the time I get around to doing a serious brake upgrade I will have the money to go all out. For now I will prob pick up some hawk pads and some stainless brake lines.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people running the SSBC kits, how are those and how have they held up?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

I got SSBC 3 piston alumnium calipers, with OE sized Brembo Drilled Discs.

The difference between stock and upgraded is unbelieveable. Granted, my YukonXL is heavier than just about all pickups but it surefooted with just light pressure on the pedal.

Heck, my father drove my vehicle a few times since the brake change and hes has refererred to it since as 'super-brakes'
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
I got SSBC 3 piston alumnium calipers, with OE sized Brembo Drilled Discs.

The difference between stock and upgraded is unbelieveable. Granted, my YukonXL is heavier than just about all pickups but it surefooted with just light pressure on the pedal.

Heck, my father drove my vehicle a few times since the brake change and hes has refererred to it since as 'super-brakes'
If you dont mind.... where did you get the calipers and how much were they?? Right now Ive got the 14' Powerslot front rotors, hawk pads, ATE fluid, SS brake lines, and the SSBC rear kit. I want to ugrade the front calipers to really make this tank stop when it needs to.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

I ordered them direct from SSBC, took about a week as they we're made-to-order. As for how much they we're i dont remember. But it was the same as they list on their website.

www.ssbrakes.com
Old 04-22-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Bought The Ssbc Pad/rotor Combo. Its $399.00 For The Regular Ones And $499.00 For The Zinc Coated Ones. So $399.00 For The Brakes + 125.00 For The Ss Lines. The Best Money Have Have Spent On The Truck Besides The Headers/exhaust..... Much Better Pedal Feel. It Took Me A Couple Of Days To Get Used To The Feel, I Kept Locking The Seat Belts Up Every Time I Hit The Brakes.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greentahoe
If you dont mind.... where did you get the calipers and how much were they?? Right now Ive got the 14' Powerslot front rotors, hawk pads, ATE fluid, SS brake lines, and the SSBC rear kit. I want to ugrade the front calipers to really make this tank stop when it needs to.
I'm pretty sure that TBynre sells the SSBC rotors...check out their site >>>
Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Scream
I'm pretty sure that TBynre sells the SSBC rotors...check out their site >>>
Thanks, they do have the calipers. Looks like $750 for the front. Not bad conidering I got the powerslot 14' rotors for $380
Old 04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

I just got the 14" Power Slots and stock size for the rear and am waiting on the LTS Hawks to get here. I have considered the SSBC calipers, but will wait to see my results with what I have. I also can't see the real gain in the stainless lines....I know the rubber expands, but only soo much. So I guess what the benefit people are refering to is response...not so much as they are actually helping the truck slow down???

I also considered buying the Alumasports and swapping out the rotors for the Power Slots, but I stuck with the stock size in the rear incase of a flat....and I probably wouldn't notice much of a gain going to the 14s in the rear as they are close to 13 stock anyway......I'll post my results which will should be the end of the week, hopefully.

This is on a Yukon Denali by the way. I would wait for Tbyrne to do his double discount special to get the calipers if you decide, he never seems to have a special on them or the Power Slots.

Quick Reply: nobody says much about brakes....