Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

np 149 help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default np 149 help

i have an 02 escalade w/lq9 block L92 heads im only pushing around 500hp(dont know theres no awd dyno for 600 miles) running new 3.73 gears front and back. rebuilt tranny w/ corvette servo and a couple of pressure line mods. but i blow the crap out of my t/c every 40k i've put 4 in the old girl so far i crawl under it every month, month and a half to see whats gone next mostly its my rear out put shaft seal/bushing problems, but im about to go on my 5th so,

I was wondering if the front half of the case is the same another model? that i could bolt the rear half on there getting hard to find in wyo.

any parts vendors or part #, for stuff like gear parts? i can find where to get chain, master bearing and seal kits but thats it.

any after market parts for these things?

its been doing it for 6,000 miles thought it was my front diff, that was jacked so i replace it but when i stomped on it would pop like it was worn out ring and pinon teeth and keep popping tell i didnt give it so much juice then it wouldnt make a sound that was 6,000 miles ago now it popping when im at idle or cruising down the road. its sounds like its coming from the front diff thats where i can feel it, i got two np149 sittting out side there been there for 9-20 months but should have enuff parts in them to get me running again tell i can come up with a new game plan if some one could tell me where to get set up for the np149 or cross over to a another kind of t/c that could hold up ill give you first dibs when i run my truck in to a wall
Old 02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the noise your describing sound like a slack chain. thats exactly the noise i heard when my Autotrac case was having problems.