Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking Good!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks pretty good. I had a custom leather boot made that ended up coming from Poland. They made it a little on the small side from what I was going to with the mounting so I have to do something different or throw away a $100 Itallian leather boot. Damn Polocks! It will be a summer project as I have the time. It will consist of a CNC'd upper (visible) hold down plate with screws and a sub-frame.
I'm sure your shifter location is comfy. Mine is pretty much straight but only an inch or so shorter than yours. It just didn't feel right low. I have mine where I can rest my forearm on the console while driving.

Also, that little divider indention in the front really makes it a pain in the *** to do right.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Looks pretty good. I had a custom leather boot made that ended up coming from Poland. They made it a little on the small side from what I was going to with the mounting so I have to do something different or throw away a $100 Itallian leather boot. Damn Polocks! It will be a summer project as I have the time. It will consist of a CNC'd upper (visible) hold down plate with screws and a sub-frame.
I'm sure your shifter location is comfy. Mine is pretty much straight but only an inch or so shorter than yours. It just didn't feel right low. I have mine where I can rest my forearm on the console while driving.

Also, that little divider indention in the front really makes it a pain in the *** to do right.
your shifter bezel idea sounds interesting. i woudl liek to see pics. im redoing mine just for the fact that i didnt use staples i used rivets lol and it stressed the plastic to much. plus i want to sealoff the cup holders from the shifter area

as for the shifter it was good height hten i put the **** on lol. i might cut it down just enough to rethread it but who knows. i like a taller shifter. i might heat it up and tweak it some to the driver some. my boy in his SS has a chrome hurst lever like mine and it gave me the idea on liking the bent shifter. but his is more towards driver. .....these shifters like this makes it for a more comfortable shifting. short rods just dont seem right when your tall. i hate having to reach down to use shifter in any ride
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Quik
your shifter bezel idea sounds interesting. i woudl liek to see pics. im redoing mine just for the fact that i didnt use staples i used rivets lol and it stressed the plastic to much. plus i want to sealoff the cup holders from the shifter area

as for the shifter it was good height hten i put the **** on lol. i might cut it down just enough to rethread it but who knows. i like a taller shifter. i might heat it up and tweak it some to the driver some. my boy in his SS has a chrome hurst lever like mine and it gave me the idea on liking the bent shifter. but his is more towards driver. .....these shifters like this makes it for a more comfortable shifting. short rods just dont seem right when your tall. i hate having to reach down to use shifter in any ride
My shifter bezel hasn't even made it to paper yet. Going to have to borrow my brother's Autocad to get some blueprints worthy of CNC progamming. I have some friends that are machinists as well. Only the future will tell how it will end up.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it's already on here, but here's the 47 paged PDF of the service manual

T56 service manual
Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

TurboGibbs my friend could make it for you and save a lot of paper work. Both mine were done by him and they are perfect. If you need some extra pictures PM me your email address
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik

and you can see the small gap from the newer console that doesnt work so well with the 02 and older dashes
so is that mashed all the way up to the dash?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
5 year bitches!

yes thats as high as it will go
Old 04-21-2007, 09:09 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Great thread - I searched and could not find the answer to this - will this swap be the same for a Hummer H2?

Also, I assume that this swap would be the same with a truck maual transmission.

TIA in advance for any information.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Mr. Obvious

the t56 will not work on a 4x4 without some custom work, other than is already specified

Quick Reply: Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!