Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's step by step with pics for a rebuild

http://ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1877

edit more notes:

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co..._transmission/

Can I run synthetic fluid in my T-56?

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...threadid=13161

Last edited by Tootall; 05-11-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
Can I run synthetic fluid in my T-56?
I am running that Royal Purple Synchromesh stuff!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

ran into a few issues not on here, so ill throw them up....
-SSR trannys larger/stronger output shaft does not work with a stock yoke. you will need an SSR yoke, which is sold seperately, and bolts up to any truck driveshaft.
-i have a BCM right below where the clutch pedal is supposed to go
-my tac module is right where the clutch cylinder goes
-truck clutch line only works with truck actuator (at least it doesnt work with the SSR slave)
also, will the VSS tranny revs a mile off a Z06 work? if not, will somebody please post the correct number for me. thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:29 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as for the speedo and vss give me your gearing and tire size and ill figure that out for you.
yea i had a feeling on that when i looked at a 03 truck and seen that tac module. youre gong to need to see what goes on with a 03+ manual truck is doing for thatsetup. not sure what a SSR slave looks like but i know the truck line works with the car slave
as for bcm, your best bet is to see what a manual truck is doing before you go any further
Old 05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

ok solved a few problems.....
-as crazy as this sounds, a T400 yoke fits perfectly! not only was it a little less than a half inch shorter, but it was the same size u joint and everything. i got a billet one, i got lucky lol.
-the SSR slave is a nice unit, but it comes with a 16" (guestimate) line. this line has the new style fittings on it, as seen in the new Z06. it doesnt mate to the truck line or master. so i had to use a Z06 line, cut it to get the fitting, cut the truck line, and splice the Z06 fitting on the truck line.
-the SSR factory shifter looks like its gunna be too long of throw for the ideal retaining cupholders. im really stumpted on this, because i read the SSR shifter pad is higher, and i cannot use any other short-throws..... any ideas?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

need some feedback from some swappers please-

how do you have your neutral safety set up? just to get me driving, i attached the black box in neutral. when in first gear, when i put the clutch in when coasting to a stop, the truck revs to 2k and doesnt come down till a few seconds after i stop. also, the traction control obviously doesnt work in neutral. another issue, the largest, is the fuel gauge.

it is my belief that in park or neutral, the PCM instantly adapts to the current fuel level. when in a drive gear, the vehicle waits a few seconds or longer before slowly begining to alter the fuel level. i believe it does this to avoid common shifts of fuel when cornering, stopping, or accelerating. everytime i accelerate hard, stop moderately, the fuel light comes on, then seconds later levels back out. anybody else have this issue?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:06 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for neutral safety. take soem time and read thru some pages of thsi post. i believe somewhere around page 17 and up. i did a read out on what to do to have a neutral switch
Old 05-17-2007, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

yea i read the whole thing. but what does your pcm think is going on? when u remove the column shifter and black box, what does the gear selector do?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

you might need a tune
Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

I already cleared all my codes, calibrated the speedo. what else would I tune?

what I just want to know from u guys is how do u have the car wired? does the truck have to have a gear selected? and yes I've read this whole thread. thanks

Quick Reply: Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!