Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my selector is in 2nd. now when i tempoary put a manual cluster in it didnt show and worked fine. youre going to have to live with it saying 2nd. well atleast i do for now.

and you said you calibrated the speedo? now how did you do that. for use with thre Fbody trans i use a Fbody tune and cross it over for the truck. for you, you will need a SSR tune and cross breed it over in order to get the speedo correct.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a 6speed SSR tune off the tune repository, and before i went to scan in the new output shaft revs/mile, i checked my speed (with previous auto tune) via GPS (my eclipse reads SOG) and it was perfect. so i didnt even end up changing it, becuase it works perfectly. ive put several hundred miles on it, its definatly correct. the pcm seems to go into 2nd when it doesnt know what to do. i disabled the PRND switch setting after removing my column shifter, and placed the black box into neutral. now it always reads neutral, before it read 2nd when running and park when off. in a few minutes im gunna go to work and download a 5speed 4.8 tune from GM, then copy any tables that are different from mine.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to tuning, but can you flash it with a 5 speed truck, or M6 camaro?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

i dunno much about f bodies, so i dont know how different the pcm is.... but yes you can flash a 5 speed truck tune in, but it would need to be off a 4.8 and it would need to be vastly altered to work
Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a auto/manual truck has the same ECU with just minor different settings. there isnt a need to consider a 5 speed tune at all. as long as you found access to a 6speed tune and know what you need to change your find
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

ok fixed my biggest problem, i thought no way id have an M6 smoothing option so i didnt even look. truck has been stalling everytime the clutch is in and i increase load (ie full lock turn with ac blowing). also eliminated stall saver and got the 2k rpm 10 second idle to go away lol

on another note, the steeda short throw shift rod and shifter are a great combo for the truck. i didnt use the shifter, but with a 2 inch tall piece of 1/4" steel used to move the shifter rod over a half inch or so, along with a cupler and some zinc plated threaded steel rod.... i got a perfect placement shifter with seconds to adjust hieght, whenever i want. and it only took a few minutes to make. i will get pics later. just thought it be a good alternative to having to bend a steel rod, that must be a bitch
Old 05-17-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

glad to hear it, can you post pics, I'm nearing mine.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

yea i just have to remember to get my camera outa my car.... i keep forgetting it cause its not in plain veiw lol. prob pics tonight tho

does anyone elses clutch pedal come past the brake pedal (towards drvier)like 2-3 inches?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, IIRC both the brake and the clutch pedal sat evenly.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

are you using the manual truck pedal or did u cut the stocker like me?

another question, what kind of boot are you guys using to fit that big *** hole?

Quick Reply: Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!