Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The place you are getting the trans from should know...
Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandTahoe
What is the difference between a 1350 U-joint vs the stock U-joint I might have on my tahoe? Is the 1350 a size? or a stregth? or a type of metal?

Anyone know the U-Joint I would need to go from a Viper Output Yoke to a stock Tahoe driveshaft? Would it be some sort of coversion yoke like a 1350x1310 or something like that?
i have that ujoint but the part number is in the garage. i went to napa and had them cross reference the parts. took awhile but came up with a Ujoint that worked. I also have a viper trans
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1350/1310's etc.....are Dana joints from what I understand. GM has their own deminsions. It isn't rocket science. There is a bastard joint for just about every combination. If you don't know what a bastard joint is, that is a conversion joint here in the south.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Guys,

I am working on my truck and I opened the box with my cluth/pressure palte in it and they did not give me the bolts for the Pressure Plate to the Flywheel (they are not included for some reason)... Can i use some Grade 8 bolts if I can match them up? I called my buddy at my local Dealer and he said he would have to order and it would take up to/over a week to get them!!!! I would also think that some Locktite would be a good idea as well???

Thanks

Last edited by Lord Aries; 09-22-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

ARP makes a nice set! That is what I am running.

M11x1.5 Pro Series - PT# 244-2901

EDIT!!! OOPS! Top number is for the pressure plate to crank bolts.

This is what you need to bolt the clutch cover to the pressure plate.
M10-1.50 PT# 134-2201

Last edited by 1TRUESS; 09-22-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Alright i have a 00 z71 (not sure if it is late or early model), i am assuming 4wd HAS to go? which is cool, im just wondering...

So who has done (or can compile a list) of the cheapest way to do this swap...

which tranny? stock clutch/flywheel?

what are the shifter/bezel options?

i think the original post needs to be updated with part #'s prices and options...

hopefully i can afford this, post how much total your swap cost..
thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1TRUESS
ARP makes a nice set! That is what I am running.

M11x1.5 Pro Series - PT# 244-2901

EDIT!!! OOPS! Top number is for the pressure plate to crank bolts.

This is what you need to bolt the clutch cover to the pressure plate.
M10-1.50 PT# 134-2201
Well, the ARP bolts are incorrect as well... I am using a 2003 6.0L Truck Flywheel and the bolt for it is diffirent from all the other flywheels, thanks GM! My friend at GM has order six diffirent bolts types that are suppossed to be the one I need but, we getting the same wrong bolt everytime. Somthing in their order system is totaly screwed up...

For some reason GM made this flywheel need a bolt with Threads and a flat spot (see attached photo) but, while it is a standard 10mm x1.50 thread the flat area is NOT a standard size/length and everything I find is either too long on the flat spot and won't go in all the way or the overall bolt length is too short... I have given up and am going with the recomendation from two local fastner/hardware suppliers and have purchased some Standard Grade 8 bolts and will be using them (which I still have to cut down the length due to the strange length needed). They felt 100% sure that they should hold everything together fine and as added insurance i've got some tasty red loctite for them as well... At this point my truck has been down for 5 weeks due to these six friggin bolts and it has a show to be at in 2 weeks so, i don't have any other options left at this point...

It is absolutly ******* ridiculas that GM would make this one particular flywheel need such a strange bolt that even they can't find in their own parts system!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
IMD
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000LT
Alright i have a 00 z71 (not sure if it is late or early model), i am assuming 4wd HAS to go? which is cool, im just wondering...

So who has done (or can compile a list) of the cheapest way to do this swap...

which tranny? stock clutch/flywheel?

what are the shifter/bezel options?

i think the original post needs to be updated with part #'s prices and options...

hopefully i can afford this, post how much total your swap cost..
thanks
i went Z71 to 2wd six speed. yes, all the 4wd has to go. on page 35 i think there is a list with prices for all the stuff you need.

you need a T56 from an LS1 camaro, and so far im using a stock camaro clutch and flywheel. i did upgrade to a brand new Z06 slave cylinder.
there really are no shifter/bezel options. i mean, you can use any stock or aftermarket camaro shifter without modification and the reach is just fine. you can get a bezel and boot from hurst if you want, or you can build a custom console, or buy and modify a tahoe stule console.

the one cool thing about going from 4wd to the t56, is that you can sell most of the 4wd parts to recoup some of the cash you spend on the rest.

i paid 1100 for my T56, flywheel, clutch, shifter.
120 for the slave
100 for the crossmember
150 for the truck clutch master cylinder and hose
30 for the clutch pedal.

thats about 1400$

i sold my front diff for 400.
500 for the trans
350 for the xfer case

thats 1250 back.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, found out that GM made a change to the bolt sometime between 2003 and 2006 and messed up the part numbers in their system so, thats why they can't get the right one... Oh well, I went with all the peoples suggestions I got and used some grade 8 Bolts and shes in, next in goes the Trans...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lord Aries
Well, found out that GM made a change to the bolt sometime between 2003 and 2006 and messed up the part numbers in their system so, thats why they can't get the right one... Oh well, I went with all the peoples suggestions I got and used some grade 8 Bolts and shes in, next in goes the Trans...
What a pain in the ***! Glad you found some bolts!

Quick Reply: Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!