Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnboy122
I just called nelson performance and they said I don't need a tune, am I missing something here? And thanks for the great info guys.
Yet another example of why I feel "mail order tuners don't know outside of the basics...."

YES! Your computer will go F*ing NUTS!!!!!!!!! when you remove the 4L60. It will be looking for sensors/shift servos/etc that don't exist anymore. Not to mention your speedo will be WAYYYYYYYY off.

Chris

P.S. I only got to enjoy my T56 Silvy for about 4 months before it got totaled (got totaled last Monday evening thanks to some idiot late to class running a light). I can honestly say though that it was a fantastic 4 months! The combo of a 5.3, a T56, LT headers, and a 02 LS6 cam turned my RCSB into a bolt-on Z28 (I know because I was dead even in a roll race with one). Anyone who is thinking of doing it, it is A LOT of work (kind of) but well worth it in my opinion!

Last edited by 2001CamaroGuy; 10-25-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, I found out why I was pulling my hair out on the wiring. The wiring diagram posted is for a two plug pnp switch. I happen to have the single 11 pin connector. So my wiring is gonna be a lil different I will post the proper diagram when I'm finished. That sucks about your truck. Ps my computer was already goin nuts all kinds of warning lights on the dash.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok for those who dont already know center of u joint cup to center of u joint cup
for the automatic driveshaft is 58 inches. 5 speed one is like 62 and some change
Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnboy122
Chris, I found out why I was pulling my hair out on the wiring. The wiring diagram posted is for a two plug pnp switch. I happen to have the single 11 pin connector. So my wiring is gonna be a lil different I will post the proper diagram when I'm finished. That sucks about your truck. Ps my computer was already goin nuts all kinds of warning lights on the dash.
You should have the same pnp switch as I did (round looking one). I attached the diagram I made for myself when I wired up my truck. If you have a GM manual, it will show what each pin on the pnp switch is and then you can match that up with the diagram I made. Otherwise, I can dig up the pin outs for the pnp switch (just won't be able to get to it for another 2 weeks...).

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!-wiringt56tranny.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

I had Tick put in the AUTO reluctor. They said the 5 speed output shaft is bigger then a viper one LOL. they tried to use a stock t56 sensor but that didnt work and gave me the same issues the rest of you have complained about. I ended up using the stock speed sensor since it was what i had. measured the depth between the 2 and made it work. Anyone have pictures of the AUTO speed sensor from our year trucks It would be nice to use something that just bolts in since the 5 spd manual one is a screw in sensor.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

had some picture requests of the trany cross member I used with my swap! Thought I would share with everyone else.

The straight one is from my 02 RCSB auto truck
The curved one is from an 02 5 speed truck

Old 12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks I was wondering what an auto one looked like since mine was a 5 speed truck.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have read thru a couple of times but I haven't found where y'all are getting the cupholders and shifter setup, my truck has a factory denali console, I just can't find the parts that change up the cup holder layout so it has the factory shifter look y'all are setting up?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tiffo60
I have read thru a couple of times but I haven't found where y'all are getting the cupholders and shifter setup, my truck has a factory denali console, I just can't find the parts that change up the cup holder layout so it has the factory shifter look y'all are setting up?
It is all custom. We make the shifter handle and modify the cup holders for the boot ourselves. You can't buy it anywhere.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
It is all custom. We make the shifter handle and modify the cup holders for the boot ourselves. You can't buy it anywhere.
I figured out the shifter handle was custom, it was the cupholders and boot that was throwing me for a loop and that explains why I wasn't finding anything for it lol. Anyway I could get a how too from you on exactly how you were able to make it work?

Quick Reply: Official A4 to M6 (T-56) Thread!