Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Old and Busted: G80. New Hotness: TracRite

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Old and Busted: G80. New Hotness: TracRite

I started my G80 rebuild and ran into a major snag. My parts guy says that the cam gear is on national backorder. Since I did not want my truck down for an unknown period of time I gave Randy's Ring and Pinon a call. Great guys there and they got me a TracRite out pronto, I received it in a few days.

Pretty slick looking unit and seems like it should hold up better than the G80. I figure it should at least last as long as the G80 did and by that time a Detroit will be available. Here are a few photos of the work in progress.

I also got my new racing rims finished today. 16x12 with a 6 inch backspace. They fit the Nostalgia slicks much better than the 16x10 rims did. I am hoping for a good result out of these.

I almost have this puppy ready for my next race at Bowling Green.

I finished the day off working on the LLY. I ditched the crappy factory tow mirrors and handles for some TTT mirrors and some Caddy handles. :cool2:

I was a bit concerned about the possible vibration with the TTT's so I used some body washers with rubber isolaters along with the supplied nuts. It seemed to square them away pretty good. I will find out for sure on the first tow but I know they will be way better than the stockers.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:53 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

lookin good bro!