Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

P0757 code??? I think.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
You should not have to remove the vb to change the solenoids. The clips should be pointing down for all the solenoid unless a real dumb *** built it. After reading your post about the trash/clutch material that has been in the pan. It doesn't sound good. We are running a free shipping special at this time. Vince

Heh then my tranny was built by a dumbass at the factory. As my clips we're facing up lol
Old 09-17-2006, 01:00 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have your truck in for any type of service. If you ever had an 1870 code they might have swaped your original with a reman vb and then swaped your solenoids. At this point and time they would of put the clips in the wrong way. Next time you have your pan down look for a stamp that says reman some where near the epc solenoid by the short 10mm headed bolts. I do know that the rest of the clips in the valve body go in from the case side. This would be the first case that I have ever heard of this with the solenoids. Please let me know! Vince.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
P0757 sets when the PCM detects a 1-2-2-1 shift pattern. Since the PCM interprets what gear its in by the calculated ratio of input to output shaft speeds, a highstall TC can cause this to set. I've been able to set this code myself on demand with my 3200 stall and some careful manipulation of the throttle.

In a nutshell, probably the valve body is fine, but with that high stall converter, the transmission is probably shifting 1-2-3 then you open the throttle more, converter stalls, and boom PCM thinks its still in 2nd and you might do something to cause a 2-1 kickdown and the code sets. (Instant MAX line pressure, 3rd gear only.)

Phasemaster, reading what you said perfectly describes the scenerio i used to throw this code on demand. Basically playing with the converter in stop and go traffic is a instant code setter
You have discribed my transmission actions perfectly!!!!! I do the exact samething as above stated. Now, can Allen tune the truck so the ses light won't come on?? I need to get this thing inspected. I have a scan reader but my luck while the inspector is doing the inspection(driving it and testing the brakes), the stupid ses light will come on and no sticker !!!!

Thank you sir for your input!!!

James
Old 09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Did you have your truck in for any type of service. If you ever had an 1870 code they might have swaped your original with a reman vb and then swaped your solenoids. At this point and time they would of put the clips in the wrong way. Next time you have your pan down look for a stamp that says reman some where near the epc solenoid by the short 10mm headed bolts. I do know that the rest of the clips in the valve body go in from the case side. This would be the first case that I have ever heard of this with the solenoids. Please let me know! Vince.

Nope, transmission has never been serviced except by myself (complete rebuild this summer with parts selection by Chuck )

James, Allen can probably turn off the P0757 test. I'm not 100% sure but i figure this might be a "standard" approach to dealing with this issue with high-stall TC's.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should not have to remove the vb to change the solenoids. The clips should be pointing down for all the solenoid unless a real dumb *** built it. After reading your post about the trash/clutch material that has been in the pan. It doesn't sound good. We are running a free shipping special at this time. Vince
Ok. I will visit your site and see what I can purchase from you!!! I like having the ability to stall to 3800 and flash stall to 4200-4400, but this tc has been a pain in my *** sense day one!!! The shutter noise in the lock-up mode in 3rd and 4th gear has been there sense day one. I would like to get what I have now.........9.5", billet hub (or whatever), 3600-3800 stall and to be light weight. Let me get back to you. I'm going to check on the new contact info that Cody posted and see what this gentleman has to say. If it goes south, then I'll be giving you a call. Oh, I bet you would like to sell me a new trans!!!! LOL!!!!!

James
Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

my truck does this also once in a while, i could almost do it on command to but i changed the b solenoid to a new one and it went away, it just recently did it once and hasnt done it again ronin pretty much described wha thappens
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyways, thank you all for ya'lls valuable info and help!!!! I will let ya'll know what I find out on the new tc.. It just sucks that I parked my truck in the garage about two weeks ago and backed it out of the garage yesterday morn and this crap happens. I know what why all of this is happening......I'm ready to order the rest of my engine components to do the engine mods and I think the truck isn't ready for this yet .LOL!!

Thank you all!!!!!!

James

Last edited by closet red neck; 09-17-2006 at 01:55 PM.