Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Peolpe w/ caltracs, need info/help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peolpe w/ caltracs, need info/help

I went to install my caltracs today and ran into a little bit of a problem (My truck is an 04 RCSB). My truck is lowered 3" in the front and 4" in the back using hotchkis leafs. I installed all the caltracs hardware and went to install the bar but I couldn't get the bar to fit. It is like it is too long. The only way it will fit is if I move the bar up to the top hole on the hanger side and remove both of the nuts that lock the bar in place. The driverside doing that is fine, but there is no adjustment (maybe 1/2 a thread total before it bottoms out). The passanger side on the other hand even moving the bar up and removing both nuts has a load on it and the threads are all the way into the bar. I think the bar needs to be about 2" shorter in order for me to be able run it in the bottom hole of the hanger side and use the nuts to lock the bar into place. I measured the bars and they are 30 1/8" long. Has anyone run into this problem or does anyone know what size bar they are using? I'm going to call them tomorrow but I thought I would ask here first. TIA.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:58 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

they have the correct length bars, you have to tell them when you order them, or, they just sent you the wrong ones if you did
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I told them I had the hotchkis leafs so ??? The new bushing I had to press in the leafs were the right size and everything else was great, it's just the bars are too long. I'm going to call them in the morning and see what they say.