Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Performabuilt couldn't take it

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tranny should be picked up tomorrow and hopefully have it back next week. Shipping round trip is $300.00 that I had to pay.

I still don't know exactly whats going to be replaced but I will let you guys know once Frank receives it.

While I'm waiting for the trans I'm going to pick a Circle D 12" Converter.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
lemme know too because i want to upgrade to a PB lvl 2 or a LVL 3
i dont want to upgrade to an 80E bc i dont beat on my truck enough to rob myself of that kind of HP
How much power do u actually rob with the 80e? Becides the first gear being taller? If that's it a lower rearend would solve the problem right? Sorry it's off subject
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

the 80e has a longer 1st gear i know that
Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 80 is a taller gear, takes more HP to turn. However all the times I have seen with it over the 60 is none the diff. The 80 in most cases picks up some mph in the 1/4.. But the time overall stays about the same..
Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back on topic... why wouldn't they cover your shipping charges? And instead of paying $300 to ship it yourself, why didn't you just pay PB the $250 you mentioned earlier to take care of the shipping?

I too am currently shopping for a built trans, and have similar questions/concerns as blownss06 asked earlier in the thread without reply...

if it is a broken output shaft, are they going to put in a hardened unit?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShredSled
back on topic... why wouldn't they cover your shipping charges? And instead of paying $300 to ship it yourself, why didn't you just pay PB the $250 you mentioned earlier to take care of the shipping?

I too am currently shopping for a built trans, and have similar questions/concerns as blownss06 asked earlier in the thread without reply...

if it is a broken output shaft, are they going to put in a hardened unit?

Its a broken input shaft or broken drum, he will let me know as soon they take it apart. But no hardened shafts, if they would offer it I would have gotten it. I spoke with Rich, the builder, and he said that they rarely see broken shafts.

Its in the warranty description on their web page "customer responsible for shipping". Before they would cover the shipping but they changed their policy I guess.

I had PB take care of the shipping, I thought it was going to be $250 for a round trip but it ended up being $300.

About the shipping........ I ended up driving to PA to drop off the tranny myself today. The first attemp to ship was a failure, UPS stood the box straight up and down and the transmission shifted cutting the bag and allowing the fluid that I couldn't drain to come out and brought it right back to me.

Second attemp, I boxed it up again and set it outside our shop so UPS could pick it up and out of nowhere it starts puring rain, the box was done. I was fed up with my failed attempts so I called Frank and told him I was taking the tranny to them myself and to refund me the shipping charges minus the fine that UPS charged them for the spilled fluid.

Once its done I'm driving up there to pick it up.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was very nice of him to pay for the fine for the spilled fluid. Honestly I don't see how that is Performabuilt's fault, but good deal either way. You didn't have a crate to ship it in from the first go around?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It came in a cardboard box with expanding foam surrounding it and I just threw it away. Don't let the cardboard box fool you, the trans was properly packaged when it came to me.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, trans came back to me and with a new input shaft. Should be on tomorrow and then I'll beat it up a little to see how it behaves.

Back in Business!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, beat the crap out of it. And the box that they send them trans in... BADASSS the foam is no joke, I used dynamite to get my trans out LMAO

Quick Reply: Performabuilt couldn't take it