Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Performance Transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you would like to discuss some options you may not be aware of I wouldn't mind discussing your situation in detail with you. Feel free to give me a call. I am new here as a Sponsor, but have extensive depth and experience with your transmission.

g
Old 08-04-2011, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i wouldnt worry about sending a trans to be rebuilt for a 3rd time. as long as the builder inspects it well and replaces all worn pieces.
I don't think im gonna go this route. I think im going to end getting a brand new all out performance transmission and then saving my and fixing it incase i mess up the new one. Its my dd and work is about 10 miles out just to shop then i have to drive quite a bit now to drop off tools and stuff.

Originally Posted by Vince B
Take a look over on tech or google and I'm sure you can find him!
alright thanks for the help i called monster transand he gave me a quote on one stage 3 dont know how could that would be i would probably have to change rear differential to 4:10 instead of 3:73

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
If you would like to discuss some options you may not be aware of I wouldn't mind discussing your situation in detail with you. Feel free to give me a call. I am new here as a Sponsor, but have extensive depth and experience with your transmission.

g

i will be calling you tomorrow for sure everybody keeps bullshiting me here in this town and im new at this stuff Ive already been screwed with tsp they dont do well with this truck then i get a black bear and the tune is awesome but tranny goes out yet again after cam install.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just by a PerformaBuilt and keep your core to sell it later?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 08Silveradojp
alright thanks for the help i called monster trans
I'm going to strongly recommend not taking that route. Give Gil a call and see what he has to offer you. I'm sure after talking with him you will be happy with what he has to say. Have an excellent weekend. Vince
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Vince... I forgot to add that I don't mind taking calls just about anytime. Seriously, I have clients nationwide and all over north Texas that look me up quite often. The number I advertise is my cell number. I'll be at Red Line Raceway testing and tuning a clients 4.70 Index Top Sportsman car tonight. But don't hesitate to call anytime, tomorrow is fine too!

g
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Hey OP... I apololgize that you couldn't get a message through to me. My PM box became full over the weekend as I haven't been able to get in and clean it up in a week or so.

If you'd like to call me today I'll be available. I won't be in the shop today and possibly tomorrow as my girlfriend is having a major surgery on her shoulder. Bless her heart, she fell off a step stool while trimming an English Ivy outside a few weeks ago.... If you ever meet her just call her Crash! LOL....

I'll have my phone with me so just give me a shout. 817-851-2777

g
Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Just curious but is something wrong with the dates on this thread as it jumps from the 8th month to the 10th month hmm
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Just curious but is something wrong with the dates on this thread as it jumps from the 8th month to the 10th month hmm

Meh nothing wrong here just I have been busy for about 2 or 3 months finally decided to give gil a call.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by performabuilt
No Frank, all is well. Thanks for asking. I would have answered sooner but I've been busy with family stuff the last week or so and also it's the end of the racing season down here so that's kept me pretty busy as well. Haven't had much time to get in here and spend much time helping folks out.

Indeed just as the thread reads my PM box was full and I received a notification that the OP had tried to get in touch with me. He and I had spoken a couple of months ago and had discussed build options, and now he is ready to move forward.

g