Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya... just tell him that the size of the converter is based on engine size... and has little to do with the tranny. AND physically, the 65e is not bigger or smaller than the 60e. Its either that they dont know, or they dont want to order another part and they are just playing dumb. For your sake... lets HOPE they are just playing dumb.. bc if not, they dont even deserve to do any work for any one... which is what im beginning to find out what aamco should do... close down forever
Old 09-13-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too have experienced woes with a transmission shop, i think a lot of us have. double talk and obvious bullshit, i have a nice chunk of paint missing from my hood that the guy swears didnt happen at his shop. i warned his man several times to put the hood down while he had it up on the lift because it was aweful close to an I beam.. and sure enough. that, a bum first transmission... and only 100 miles on the second becuase my rear end went out, so it still may be bunk. i wish id gotten a standard... id swap it for a t56 and be done with it. sorry for getting side tracked... i feel your pain.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just noticed the "indestructable" in your sig, sslow. i was fed the same line
Old 09-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

ok, here goes. Orlando and I have been talking on this issue a bit because I got my "65E" from the same shop. I was told that the 65E has the buldge in the bellhousing where the starter slides into the flywheel. I have never seen a 60E to comapre this to. So for you guys with 60E's laying in your garage, go look. Is there a buldge on the passengerside bellhousing? I was under the impression a 65E was a stronger version of a 60E and that was it. They mount the same, they accept the same style of TC, they operate on the same programming. Maybe I'm wrong, it's been known to happen.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slow.8
i just noticed the "indestructable" in your sig, sslow. i was fed the same line
ya... "indestructable my ***" is what it should say. I wanted to ask... so if i put it in netural while going 50mph and slam it into drive than immediatly into reverse... what will happen? lol.

just got the third tranny back in yesterday so we'll see how this goes
Old 09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
ya... "indestructable my ***" is what it should say. I wanted to ask... so if i put it in netural while going 50mph and slam it into drive than immediatly into reverse... what will happen? lol.

just got the third tranny back in yesterday so we'll see how this goes
good luck, hope everything works out for you this time. As for me, I called the tranny builder up and he still states that a 65e verter is bigger than a 60e verter. I told him that I called speed engeneering and they told me that they use the same hi perf. verter for both the trannies and then the builder told me "they were full of it" and "dont know what the hell they are doing". He said when I come back monday he will show me the difference between the two trannies. For all I know he could show me parts out of two completely different trannies and I wouldnt know if he was bs-ing me. Is there any way to know if im being bs-ed? I have come to the conlusion that no matter what I do, I will not be getting the high stall I asked for based on the premise that I told them my original tranny was a 60e. I will just have them put the 2500 in it and the cooler, and be done with it.