Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids
View Poll Results: What will keep my truck from bouncing on the highway
Its a truck its supposed to do that
12.50%
New shocks
79.17%
Air "helper" bags
8.33%
Bags and shocks
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: what would improve my ride on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats in the rear? stock?

here is what i have right now
stock leafs, shackles are +1.5 or 2"

Last edited by KleenHall; 08-13-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwank
you're concerned about the ride on 2 stretches of road? I'm a tech at a dealer and I can see why they would say its normal. If the the 2 places it happens is far from the dealer, and they never experience it, of course they are going to say theres nothing wrong, because there in their eyes, there isn't. Even if the tech called GM tech assist on this problem, if they can't duplicate the concern, GM won't help them.

also, I've noticed that the W/T trucks and also 2500's and 3500's all seem to ride better with weight in the back. I think they are designed this way because these are normally work trucks, so they were engineered to ride the best while being used for work, such as carrying a load or towing a trailor. so the bags of sand in the bag probbaly wil help.
If you are a tech, then you need to look up the bulletin on frame beaming. My truck does it also. His condition is not normal. I have a RCSB that does it, I can be driving and change lanes to make the vibration go away. I have called gm, of course they were useless. There are several people on here having this issue, but b/c the bulletin says it doesnt apply to RCSB they dont beleive it is there problem. I tried to get my area rep to ride with me in my truck, he will not because my wheels and tires are my problem.... I have tried 3 sets of diffrent wheels and tires.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Launching!

I think i figured it out guys!!!

GM just posted a 1.33 billion dollar profit. How much is two cab mounts times the number of trucks that ride like crap??? Thank god for the bailout now they can be cheap and not fix their product to pay off a debt.

Last edited by Mtrhd329; 08-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Launching!

Oh and my suspension is stock with the exeption of me cutting my front bumpstops to get more travel with these bumps. Bilstein HD shocks and new cab mounts on the way whenever GM decides to ship my order.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mtrhd329
I think i figured it out guys!!!

GM just posted a 1.33 billion dollar profit. How much is two cab mounts times the number of trucks that ride like crap??? Thank god for the bailout now they can be stingy and not fix their product to pay off a debt.
Mtrhd329, that's not the problem. It's the SES lite on at :18 into your vid. That's why it runs rough.

stevenc, that's a lot of bounce. I haven't seen that much bounce since ...

To either of you, I hope u find the solution.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-12-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: (sp.)
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Mtrhd329, that's not the problem. It's the SES lite on at :18 into your vid. That's wahy it runs rough.
That light is from me having the MAF disabled to tune my VE tables. That has to be it!! My suspension is controlled through the MAF sensor!!! lol. I need to hurry and tell the dealer we fixed it..lol
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Launching!

For those here that are having the problem how many have hitches?

I noticed that when i put the hitch on it tightened up the ride a little bit.

Stevenc- Its definately in the rear suspension man. I can see my bed jumping up and down and my wife and kids in the back tell me its worse back there. lol. It is bounces so bad my rear tires are starting to show signs of cupping. A couple times going up an incline at 80-85 i could hear my rear tires chirping with the bounce like they were coming off the highway...lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's cause the hitch adds weight out back, exactly where us truck guys need it. Just like when I carried those bundles of shingles. When I fill up gas, mine rides better, just not faster nor handles better.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Launching!

I was thinking more along the lines of bracing the frame better. It didnt feel like it weighed more than 20lbs. Just akward to hold up and bolt on your back..lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Launching!

i have felt the difference with and without the hitch, i felt it with a big weight distributing hitch
i also have a big spare hanging out in the back
im tellin you if you understood how leafs work then you would go with a longer shackle

Quick Reply: POLL: what would improve my ride on the freeway