Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Problem with HD2 and Corvette Servo.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIXED!!!Problem with HD2 and Corvette Servo.

I just got done installing a Transgo HD2 shift kit and a Corvette servo in my truck. The first thing is the 1-2 shift is to hard. It will bark the tires at 1/2 throttle. I think this may be from my Magnacharger tune. The other thing that has me worried is that the truck wont stay in 4th gear. While accelerating to cruise speed it will shift into 4th then quickly shift back to 3rd, and it will stay there as long as you are cruising. If you step on the gas to accelerate it will shift into 4th or if you hit a hill. But it will shift back to 3rd once you hit the top of the hill or stop accelerating. So it seems it will only go into 4th with a load on the tranny. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by COLDZ71; 05-21-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many washers did you put in the 1-2 accumulator? If you put any in (they give you 3), then that is the source of your 1-2 slamming. Unfortunately, I have no idea about your overdrive issue.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:31 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you think its harsh now then dont do the vac mod. i had that done and on the 1-2 shift i broke the internals of the trans. race parts+stock internals=junk trans
Old 05-15-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TBSS
How many washers did you put in the 1-2 accumulator? If you put any in (they give you 3), then that is the source of your 1-2 slamming. Unfortunately, I have no idea about your overdrive issue.
I agree with this. I returned my 1-2 accum back to stock configuration, but you may want to try it with no washers first.

Andrew
Old 05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm Zippy, he'll know
Old 05-15-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt put any washers in the accumulator. I am sure I can soften the 1-2 with some tuning. I am really concerned with 4th gear though. Anyone have a guess of what it could be?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

I can't help you with the overdrive issue, but when i put the hd2 in with the corvette servo, it would chirp 2nd all day long. I have a predator and just lowered my line pressure. Now i'm happy with it.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, thanks. I figure that is what it is also. I will get that fixed sometime soon. I drove the truck a little more today, it seems like that when in D its kinda inbetween 3rd and 4th. But put it in 3rd it acts like normal. If no one has any ideas I may have to pull the valvebody back off and check things over even though I dont know what I am looking for.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Good luck and be patient...
Old 05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got done taking my truck for a spin and everything works great!!! I called Vince at FLT Wed. evening and told him how the transmission was acting, hoping he had some advice on what to do. Well we discussed it for a little bit and he came to the conclusion that either the OD servo was in backwards or that the valve body gaskets that came with the shift kit were the wrong ones. Can you believe this, he sent out a set of gaskets for FREE!!! I felt kind of guilty since I bought everything from Oregon Performance Transmissions.

I took the valvebody off and you could see that the gaskets didnt really line up from one side to the other. I laid out the gaskets that Vince sent and they matched much better. I put those in and also took out the gold spring seat out of the 2nd accumulator. Buttoned it back up and every gear feels great. 1-2 is still a little to much, but it no longer barks the tires at half throttle, only at full throttle.

Now anything transmision related I will only go through FLT. For one they are a sponsor and I should be trying to give them some business. And second they have top notch customer service (non-customer service?). Thank you Vince

Quick Reply: Problem with HD2 and Corvette Servo.